Chapter 68

She Looks so Perfect-Five Seconds of Summer

One month later...

I wake up with another piercing scream, sweat covering every part of my body. My breath heaves dramatically as my heart pounds spastically against my rib cage.

Another nightmare.

This time, Slyder didn't actually die, only his hallucination did. He found me, raped me, then he stabbed knives into both of my eyes. I was tied up in a dark musty smelling place. He then poured a bucket of vicious rats onto my body. They ate me alive.

My mom bursts through the door in a panic. Once she sees me sitting in my bed, she seems to relax. "Another nightmare about Slyder?" Mom asked, it was the 48th one in the past month...yes, I've had one every single night, sometimes multiple. I nod my head, wiping the tears I hadn't realized were there.

Mom let's out a soft sigh and sits down next to me in bed, sliding her arm around my shoulder. "Oh honey" mom whispers, resting her head on my shoulder.

I let out a shaky breath. "When are they going to end?" I cry, wary of the seemingly never ending nightmares.

Mom doesn't respond for a long time, a silence hung between us for what felt like hours. "It might never" mom admits quietly, her voice croaking.

A small weep escapes my lips. I knew the answer, but it hurt to hear.

All month I've barely had any sleep. I'm constantly scared that it was all just a dream that I killed him. I thought when he died I could stop looking over my shoulder. I thought I would be able to start living my once normal life again, but Slyder has the ability to ruin my life even after his death.

🔸Adelram's POV🔸

I instantly wake up, my eyes going straight to the window in my bedroom.

Kamaria just woke up from another nightmare.

I let out a soft sigh, closing my eyes.

Now that Slyder is dead, I was put on hold from the ESPP, which means that I'm free to do whatever I please, live my life, date whomever, live wherever, until or unless they need me at anytime. It's unlikely that they will need me, not much goes on in the Eribiss. I'm just a safety net, a just in case, a back up plan, which I am more than okay with.

That also meant that I could date Kamaria, but if this does end up happening, I'm definitely going to have to ease into it, baby-steps at a time. Waiting until she's completely ready, if she even wants to that is.