"Well, if I were in that situation, I might use you to save myself too." She intentionally teased, giving him a naughty smirk and a sinister wink.

Si Jin realised her playful ploy, and decided to play along. He let out a soft chuckle upon seeing her smile again. Even though he had not seen her smile for the past couple of hours, he felt as if he had been missing that vibrant smile on her face for a thousand years. Watching her smile again was like a gift from Heaven, which swiped away all pain and sorrow in the world from his heart. "Aish, this yeoja. It's very hard to please you. Are you like that when you are young?"

Mo Yeon twitched her lips to the right, still playfully looking at him. "Do you really want to know? If you do, you will regret asking me to marry you." She wittily warned.

"Aish, mother's child." Si Jin purposely sighed in fake dejection. He knew what she was trying to say. Even a three year-old can guess it right. "It's better if I don't know, or else your eommoni won't let me go." He pouted his face. Pleasing her mother was the second hardest thing to do after Mo Yeon, and handling Mo Yeon had already drained much of his spirit, literally.

Mo Yeon let out a satisfied smile. Seeing herself overpowering the seemingly untouchable Major had been one of her most greatest intentions ever since she knew him. He had been holding the alpha post for too long. It's time to turn the tables around. "Good that you know. Next time, take care of this wife of yours, okay? She's very vulnerable, you know, being with a guy with a gun." She spoke in a playful tone.

"Ah, that...." Si Jin smirked. "That won't be hard to do. He rose from his seat and sat on the edge of her bed beside her. "As long as I'm around, I promise you, that you'll never be in danger again. I lay down my life for you, agassi." Si Jin mocked a royal bow, imitating a loyal bodyguard protecting a beautiful princess. His rather comical royal courtesy made her chuckle.

However, the slightest chuckle was all it took to disturb her wound, and her vibrant expression faded in a split second when the searing pain struck her momentarily. She moaned softly in pain as she touched the affected area, an act that instantly made Si Jin worried. Si Jin placed his hand atop hers that was palming the wound while his left hand gripped her right arm, his expression tensed from seeing his woman in pain. "Gwaenchana?" He asked.

It took a while for the pain to subside. "Gwaenchana." She managed to give a weak smile despite the expression of strain of trying to keep her pain down. "It must be the painkillers losing its effect. Geokjeonghajima." She convinced. "I'll be okay if I take some rest."

"Oh, you better do." Si Jin helped to lay her down on her bed carefully. When it was done, Si Jin decided to let her body recover naturally without any disturbance. "You rest well. I'll be outside." He patted her left hand while giving a loving smile at the same time. Mo Yeon smiled back, albeit a weak one.

"Geuraeyo....nampyeon-ah." Mo Yeon muttered, gripping the hand that was holding her palm. "But I want you to stay."

"Mianhae, Mo Yeon-ah. I have things to take care about, things that......you shouldn't know." He nearly cursed himself for almost letting his tongue slip.

Suddenly, Si Jin's walkie-talkie suddenly buzzed to life, thus interrupting their friendly conversation. Si Jin took out the walkie from one of the pockets of his weapon's belt, feeling slightly agitated by the sudden and rude interruption of his device. He wished that he had not brought it in the first place. "This is Viper. We have a situation at the Headquarters. We need your assistance."

Mo Yeon and Si Jin exchanged glances. Something was not right. "Big Boss here. What's the matter, over?"

"We got Uruk soldiers at our doorstep, sir. They have heavy vehicles, and are heavily armed. We need your assistance, sir." Yeung Joon's voice echoed through the instrument with a tone of great urgency.

Descendants of The Sun: The Second Chapterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें