; spring 2017 mixtape

Hello...it me.

         I know, it's been like a thousand years since I've been even mildly active on Wattpad but my semester is almost over and just. Things will pick up. I swear. My promises are next to meaningless at this point I'm sure but don't worry, my guilt for not updating frequently is over the moon, so I'll probably put aside all my homework and finish the next Elf Bites chapter soon just to stop feeling guilty.

         Anyway. Here's my spring 2017 mixtape! I haven't made one of these in a while because I recently got a new radio for my car that lets me use an aux cord to hook my phone up, so I haven't needed any more CD's. But I'm going to make this mixtape for you anyway just to update you on what I've been listening to if for some reason y'all care.

         So, let's get to it, shall we?

01: JUDAS by Lady GaGa

Look, I know what you're thinking. That it's been eons since this song came out so why is it in this mixtape? Well, you see, I literally have not heard it until recently. As in, until the Hillywood Show released their parody of Suicide Squad using a rewritten version of this song. If it were possible to buy or download (legally) Hillywood's version, that's the song that would be on this mixtape. But alas, it is not. Also if you haven't watched their parody (or any of their parodies), you definitely should. I'll put the video above.

02: ISSUES by Julia Michaels

This is my jam. It's also so relatable, am I right? I'm a big fan of her voice and the tune in general, and an acoustic version was recently released, and I'm also super into that. I possibly like it more than the regular version, I don't know.

03: I WOULDN'T MIND by He Is We

This is definitely an oldie but a goodie. I have loved this song for so long, so I had to include it in this mixtape to celebrate its hella belated official release (since the band is getting back together!!!). Seriously, it's very cute and a very nice tune, and I think anyone who hears it will enjoy it, so please give it a listen.

04: ROCKABYE by Clean Bandit, Sean Paul, and Anne-Marie

A little late jumping on this bandwagon too. In my defense, when this song was becoming popular the entire One Direction fandom was rallying together to get "Just Hold On" to number one, and all I know is that we were fighting tooth and nail against this song, so I refused to listen to it. I literally only heard it for the first time less than a week ago. Now that it isn't keeping actual sun Louis Tomlinson and his partner in crime Steve Aoki from their deserved number one spot on the charts, I really like it! I love that it's about single moms, and it's catchy as heeeeck.

05: NOW OR NEVER by Halsey

You all know how much I love our angsty mom. Watching the music video for this felt like watching a modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet, but I'm excited to learn what the rest of the album will bring us. My suspicion is that there are three houses and not just two? Purely because the album title is three words. But yeah, I do like the song, although I wished I liked it a little more. It reminds me of "Coming Down" from Badlands, which I liked but I didn't love, you know?