; winter 2015 mix tapes

Hello, friends. How are you all? I hope you're well. I hope you're staying hydrated and getting enough sleep and getting your final papers and projects done in time. I hope you're smiling right now. I hope you've got some great tunes to get you through to the holidays. But in case you don't...

                  HAVE NO FEAR, I AM HERE.

                  So, I've never shared with you my seasonal playlists before. I'm realizing now that I've no idea why, because I'm obsessed with both finding new music and sharing it all with other people. But yeah, so I do this thing where every season I'll make myself a mixed CD or two of all of the songs I've been really into for a while. I think I might have skipped Spring 2015, but I had two summer ones, one for fall, and I just finished making my second Winter 2015 playlist.

                  I've got to say, these two CD's are among some of my best work. Some tracks are a little random in the grand scheme of things, but like, they're mixed CD's. They aren't albums by the same artist, so obviously the sounds aren't going to mesh perfectly. I have to say, though, that they got pretty close this time around.

                  Yeah, so instead of doing a music haul, I'm going to share my Winter 2015 mix tapes with you. For the most part, most of the songs are recently released, but there are a couple that were released earlier 2015 or even in 2014. It just happens that I'm only now getting into them. Better late than never, right?

                  Enjoy!

WINTER 2015, VOL. 1

01: LA Devotee by Panic! At the Disco

                  Probably my favorite of P!ATD's available tracks from their as of yet unreleased album Death of a Bachelor. Such a great tune with incredible lyrics. Seriously, the catchy hooks and glamorous refrain almost distract you, but be sure to pay attention to the lyrics. You'll be grateful that you did.

02: Could Have Been Me by The Struts

                  I'm such a huge fan of this song. If you're into 80's pop and rock, you'll love this. I don't know why this band isn't bigger, but I can't wait until they get there.

03: Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez

                  Honestly, I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of songs from Selena Gomez's new album. I haven't been much of a fan of her music in the past, but I legitimately purchased Revival. This track was the first to hook me, but you'll see more of her on these CD's.

04: Save the Queen by Garek

                  If anyone actually pays attention to the messages I broadcast to all of my followers, I recently told you all to go and check this song out. The singer, Garek, is actually from my hometown and I died a lot when I discovered him. He is apparently my town's best kept secret, because no one ever told me he existed. I'm still obsessed with this song after a month or so of being aware of it, the music video is killer, and it has actually inspired a future project that I can't wait to get to work on.

05: Boys Like You by Who Is Fancy (feat. Meghan Trainor and Ariana Grande)

                  This one is relatively new, I think. It's super cute and super catchy. Fancy is going to be a force to be reckoned with when he starts releasing more music. I hope this track helps him gain some exposure. Very fun.