; fall 2016, vol. 1 mixtape

Hello, it me. It's been a new season for about a month now, which means it's finally time to share with you my fall mixtape/playlist/whatever this is.

                  I don't know what it is about October, but it's honestly the best month ever. Am I wrong? The weather in the Midwest is wonderful, you've gotta take the scenic route whenever possible because hot dang @ the trees. It's the only time of year I actually like a warm-toned color palette (as long as I'm not wearing it). But also it can rain a lot for the first few weeks and I love that?

                  Anyway, yeah, so fall's my favorite season and it's finally arrived. And I had to wait until a few songs that I knew I was going to love were released before I could make this CD, so that's why I didn't share it with you sooner. But here it is, serving as a reward for outlining the two papers I have to write in the next few hours (midterms for the win, am I right).

                  Enjoy.

FALL 2016, VOL. 1

01: SHOUT OUT TO MY EX by Little Mix

                  When this was announced, I – first of all – died a million tragic deaths. But then after the single's cover art revived me, I had a very specific tune in mind for the weeks leading up to its actual release, and let me tell you, I was way off. Like not only was I not in the same ballfield, I'm pretty sure I was in a different universe entirely. Regardless of not getting what I was expecting, this song is actual gold. They all looked beautiful in the music video, their voices sound incredible, and I'm still reeling.

02: THUMBS by Sabrina Carpenter

                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the first time you'll all hear me speak about Sabrina Carpenter. Somewhere between my last mixtape and this one, I started watching Girl Meets World, and listen. I know. It's a Disney Channel show meant for pre-teens and I'm twenty-one, but I like it, okay? And if I were fourteen right now, I'd be idolizing the show's two female leads, Sabrina and Rowan Blanchard (honestly bless Rowan's sweet soul). And before y'all stick your noses in the air and look away because it's another Disney Channel actress-turned-singer, she was singing before she was acting. So. Now with that out of the way, "Thumbs" comes from Sabrina's second album which is a million miles from sounding anything like her first, but it's such a tune. You're going to be impressed, I promise. Or at the very least surprised.

03: FASHION by Jon Bellion

                  So, I've literally never heard of this guy until I found a song of his in a Spotify playlist called "80's Films," and then out of nowhere my younger brother texted me to look up "All Time Low" by him. Apparently he's on the radio now. But anyway, I decided to take a look at his whole album, and after previewing them all this is the one I ended up clinging to. And why? Does this say something about who I am as a person? It is literally the most dramatic-ass song about – wait for it – fashion. Fashion. I know. But it's so unfortunately catchy.

04: THIS TOWN by Niall Horan

                  I mean...duh. I feel like I don't have to say much, but this is everything I never knew I wanted from my favorite Irishman. Considering homeboy is One Direction's biggest fan, I'll be the first to admit I never pegged him for being the first outside of Zayn to release solo music, but here we are. Did I expect it to sound like this? No. Do I love it anyway? ...duh!