Everblaze

A/N

So here's the Everblaze Sophitz Oneshot! So the Neverseen Oneshot probably won't be out for a while. As in a week or two. Also, you should check out No More Secrets by BookWormElf2021. And also For You, I Will Wait Forever by LoverofBooks1000. And this chapter is either fluffy, mushy, or cheesy. Depends on how you think of it...

Fitz's POV

I waited for Sophie with my dad in the ice cold tower of Oblivimeyre. When she came, I could tell that she was as cold as I was. Her cheeks were adorably flushed, probably from the somersault. She got out of the ridiculous chain, and after realizing it, she asked, "Where's Fintan?" After Councillor Emery answered, I asked in surprize, "The cold won't kill him?" After a LONG discussion of who should go in with Sophie and I, Emery asked if we needed a minute to prepare, and instinctively, and without thinking, I exclaimed, "I do!'' It was really awkward. After Sophie and I had a telepathic reminder about the code words, she said nervously, "I think we're ready." When she entered Fintan's mind, I half expected her to only last a few seconds, like everyone else. But she stayed in his mind for a long time compared to what everyone else could. But when she jerked back, I caught her in surprise. I promised her that she was safe, but with assurance from the others, she decided to go back into his mind. I wouldn't let her go in without me, so after a lot of persuading, she finally agreed. I watched, and kinda helped her, but for some reason I was aware of my surroundings. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a red glow. I heard my dad cry out in surprise. I warned Sophie, but she thought I was talking about the code word. We were finally able to get out thanks to her teleporting, (wow she is amazing) but only Oralie, Sophie and I were together in that group. Apparently the others had leapt out. We soon gathered the supplies to put out the Everblaze, and then we light leaped back to the others. Sophie and I had thought that my Dad seemed distressed, but Sophie was the one who figured it out first. She seemed to go over in her mind who was there, and who wasn't. Her face paled and she sprinted to where the Councillors were. Oralie was sobbing, and I felt my heart break. Sophie looked as if she was going to cry, but clinging to her last hope, she sprinted to were Oblivimiyre used to be. The tower was just now melted jewels. She collapsed onto her knees, her face wet with tears. I held her to my chest, and she sobbed into it. I held her for a few minutes. I hated her grief. I would do anything to stop it, but this time there was nothing for me to do but to comfort her. I would always comfort her. I would always protect her. I promise you, Sophie.