0.023

He didn't understand.

He thought she would want to leave, to get out of this hospital where she would be safer, she would be in his arms.

"Miss, you need to get off the wheel chair, we a patient," one of the nurses said but all El did in return was shake her head as fat tears fell down her face. It pained Jay to see her like this.

He walked over to El and knelt down by her side lifting her head up to look at him but all she did was snap her head away. She couldn't face him, not like this.

"Princess..." He drawled out but she wasn't giving in, "we need to go home."

Home. That word that was once so sacred had been torn away from El leaving her a fragile mess. As soon as the word left Jay's lips she felt herself crumble, her head violently shaking as the sobs came crashing down.

"I don't have a home." She said between sobs, that was it. Jay had, had enough. He grabbed her in his arms and lifted her of the wheelchair which tool El by surprise stopping the break down she was having and making her question what he was doing.

"Yes you do. I am your home, home is wherever we are. You are my home. As long as I am here you will always have a home and babe, I don't plan on leaving so get used to me." He exclaimed as he carried her to his car, El was frozen, slightly taken back by his sudden out burst but all Jay did was place her in the car as she sat their bewildered by what had just happened.

He got into the other side of the car and put the key in the ignition but before he could turn it El grabbed his hand and stared at it.

"I love you." She said as she took her hand off of his and slowly lifted her head up to meet his burning gaze, "I love you, so much. Words can not describe how grateful I am to have you do this for me." She said, a small smile making its way onto her lips.

This caused Jay to smile and take El's hand into his own, he held it there for a minute before bringing it up too his lips. As soon as he put her hand down El leaned across the seats and pressed her lips against his.

"Thank you," she whispered against him and with that they drove off to Jay's house so they could get El home.