Chapter 29

The drive only took us about 20 minutes and we were almost right on time when we rang the doorbell and a brunette boy opens the door. "Thanny, Sky! You guys are actually the first ones to arrive. Come in!", he steps aside,letting us enter the huge building. He leads us into a big, open living room and offering us a seat and something to drink. "Dian will come by later to bring us our drinks and Leslie and Kaylx said they'd each bring some snacks and cupcakes, so I think we should be good.", he explains while dropping onto the armchair across from us. "So, what did you guys do after practice?", he asks, more in my direction this time as he smiles at me.

But we didn't get any further because the door bell must have rung again since Tom excused himself and ran to the front door. When he re-entered he had Leslie Close behind him whose face lit up once she spotted me. "I'll Bring these to kitchen.", she said, motioning me with a slight head gesture to follow her. I peck Nathans lips quickly and walk towards her. "How did it go?", she asks, placing a plate with brownies on the counter and sitting next to them, her feet dangling down. "Uhm...good, I guess.", I stutter, trying to clear my throat and not blush more than necessary. She stares at me for a bit when suddenly her eyes widen and she starts chocking on air. "Don't tell me you-",I cover her mouth with my hand in panic. "Don't worry, I'm only mouthing when talking to you.", she winks after I retreat my hand.That's good to know.

"But you guys actually did it afterwards?", she asks directly and I'm more than glad that she's not actually talking out loud. "Well, no not... that...but-", to my luck, I get cut off by a black haired girl basically jumping into kitchen with several bags of chips and soda, letting all of it drop on the little table before focusing on us. "Hey! How did it go? Were you guys able to talk about it?", she asks, somewhat more serious than expected. "Sort of, yeah.", I explain, trying to calm my raging heart. "Okay, well glad I could help. Noof needs to show me that bruise though, I really want to see it.", her eyes darken and start to sparkle at the same time. Makes me wonder what went wrong with her.

Jacob arrived soon after and we all head out to the garden we flopped down on chairs and blankets spread out on the healthy looking lawn. Leslie and I share one together while Nathan and the other guys each take a chair. Kaylx is the only one still inside for whatever reason. We all didn't talk that much, more like enjoying the last bit of sun light before it'll set in a bit, waiting for Nathans weird cousin to bring the 'fun'.My goal is to not do anything I'd regret in the morning, which includes various things such as kissing one of the others or drowning in Toms pool, although I don't think I'd be regretting that all that much.

Dian did show up eventually after the two guys started the grill and placed some meat and corn on it. Leslie invited me inside with her, to mix some cocktails,offering to show me a few things. And I have to say, it was cool watching her mix various drinks and putting them in the cooler for later. For starters she gave each one of us a beer as we wait for the drinks to cool down a bit.

"I wonder what we'll do tomorrow.", she exclaims, taking a sip from the brown beer bottle."Aren't you guys going to practice?", I ask, emptying mine and placing in on the lawn next to me. "Hm, I don't know, I probably won't feel like doing anything tomorrow.", the guys call out for us, saying that the food is ready and we both go to grab plastic plates, forks and knifes and of course our cocktails which Leslie finished without me.

Even though the sun is almost gone, it's really nice sit outside, it's definitely not as warm as before but still the perfect temperature. The smell of barbecue fills the air and I watch the gray smoke fly up to the sky.Leslie hands me a dark blue cocktail in a fancy looking glass."Careful, there's a lot of vodka in it, so I recommend you taking it slow.", she winks before heading back inside and getting the drinks for everybody else.