Chapter 7

He slowly lets go off me, allowing me to look at his face again and smiling widely, revealing a row of white teeth. "You're so cute, Sky.", he pecks my lips, the grin not seeming to fade anytime soon. "I'm not!", I protest, pouting as I turn away from him, starting to walk to the destination we were originally heading for. He catches up in mere seconds, grabbing a hold of my hand and squeezing it. I try to surpass a grin, pretending to be really focused on the couple walking in front of us with their dozens of shopping bags, irritated expressions and a little daughter skipping on ahead of them, also carrying a small plastic bag from a toy store at the other end of the mall. Compared to them we aren't normal, we're not like them and we're never going to have children together. I stop, turning around to look for something as different as we are, but all there is are normal couples, old young, with out without kids.

Nathan pulls at my arm, gently spinning me towards him. "Is something wrong?", he asks, his eyes searching the area. "No, I was just wondering if there's... someone I know.", I lie, not daring to look at him directly but I can feel him staring me down, trying to figure out what might have been the real reason. But to my surprise he let's it drop, leading me to the little bistro and pointing at a free table. A rather moody waitress takes our order a few minuets after, leaving with a silent nod and an elegant swirl that made her white apron fly with her movement.

I look back at Nathan wanting to say something but as soon as I opened my mouth to talk, the watch and my phone inside my pants pocket both vibrate at the same time causing me to flinch for a second. I flick my wrist, tilting my arm towards me to read the message.

Hey, this is Anna. I just wanted to say thanks again, for taking care of my brother, I would have never forgiven myself if something happened to him. So, I really want to invite you for dinner or something, or maybe go to the movies. You don't have to of course.

I smile lightly, taking out my phone to type a quick response, totally forgetting about the boy sitting in front of me who kept watching me.

Hi, it was nothing, I know how it is to loose a sibling at the mall when you're supposed to watch them, I have a little sister. Well, not all that little anymore. So there's really no need to thank me in any kind of way.

Putting my phone away again, I look up at Nathan who silently followed my movements. "Who wrote you?", he grins but I can see a hint of hurt next to the curiosity in his eyes. "Anna, the girl from before, she wants to invite me over for dinner.  As a thank you I guess.", I shrug, tilting my head at his slowly fading smile. Could it be that he's jealous?

"Nathan?", I grab a hold of his hand, interlacing our fingers and resting them on top of the table. "Sky, promise me you'll tell her you're gay.", his face is stern and eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Uhm... but what if she's...like them?", the night of prom comes back to my memory, the looks they gave us and the words that were thrown at us. "Promise me!", the grip of his hand around mine tightens and he drops his gaze to them. "I... I promise.", I have never seen him like this, so vulnerable...

"Sky, I love you! So much!", his eyes... he looks like he's about to cry. "Nathan, what's wrong?", I ask, he's starting to scare me. "Every things fine! I'm just really happy.", he smiles, sincerity and honesty wrinkling the sides of his mouth. "I love you, too.", I reply, still confused to what has gotten into Nathan all of the sudden. We both decide to let it drop and continue with some smalltalk while we wait for our food to be served.

"Are you interested in visiting my hometown with me? My friends called me the other day, asking if they could finally meet you.", he grins, sipping at his coke. "Sure, I mean, why not?", I smile, my chin rested in the palm of my head. I watch him closely, so does he and we both fall into a comfortable silence, just looking at each other with wide smiles on our faces. He means so much to me! So very much!

Nathan's the first to break the staring-session as he's the first one to notice the same waitress from before coming up from behind me and placing the plates in front of us, leaving with the same elegant hip sway. We ate our food mostly without talking wanting to actually do some shopping afterwards.

"I wanted to look at some books, is that okay?", I ask, pointing towards the book store at the opposite side of the hall. "Sure!", he smiles, pecking my lips as we get up from out table after paying and heading for our new destination. His lips taste like coke, I notice as I lick over mine. Nathan must have watched me, because soon after his lips are sealed with mine again refreshing the taste of coke. "Shall we?", he asks teasingly, placing a kiss on my nose and grabbing a hold of my hand.We make our way over to the other side and into the spacious storefilled with hundreds of colorful, interesting books and the scent that every book lover simply has to be obsessed with.

I head over to the newly arrived books, going through the lane, trying to read every book title before pulling one out which sounds kinda interesting. Nathan is standing behind me, looking through the books on the other side, both of us reading though various descriptions and titles.

"How about this one? It sounds pretty good.", I turn around to face my boyfriend, waving with a novel written by one of my favorite authors. After reading through the back, he nods. "Sounds good, you should get that so I can borrow it.", he smirks, sticking out his tongue at me. Without thinking twice, I reach forward pinching the tip of his tongue between my index finger and thumb, grinning at his surprised expression. "I'll think about it, but I'll surely buy it.", I release his tongue, laughing at him.

I turn around to head for the check out with the book tight in my grip, my heart beating incredibly fast and cheeks seeming to be on fire. I can't believe I just did that! Nathan follows me, both of us standing at the register behind a girl with thick glasses, she does seem kinda familiar. Suddenly she turns around , a shy smile on her thin lips as she starts talking to my boyfriend

"Oh hey, I'm good and you?", she pushes a strand of brown hair out of her face, smiling up at him. "Skylar, how have you been? I heard about the things that happened at prom and I'm truly sorry, these people are too ignorant to be true.", she sighs, pressing the three books she's holding closer to her body. I notice one of them, it used to be my absolute favorite, it's quite old actually. "Thanks, I'm glad Nathan was there for me, I don't know what I would have done otherwise.", I smile up at my boyfriend receiving a small peck on my lips.

The girl smiles at us, pushing her glasses up with the back of her hand. Come to think of it, I don't even know her name. "That book.", I point at the middle one of the three, "It's really good, you'll enjoy it." I smile at her sheepishly. "And you'll like this one, it's very well written and he really out did himself again with his work.", she points at the one I'm holding. I have to say, she has some good taste! Actually, I never used to like reading, I was more into the whole music thing, you know, back when I was still able to hear, but Claire brought me all of these books when my depression was at it's low, that's when I discovered my love for literature.

"I'm looking forward to it, please do tell me what you thought of it.", she nods, almost to herself, smiling at both of us before turning around to place her items on thecounter. She leaves with a small wave, her books now in a blue paperbag. How, environment friendly!

After Nathan handled the process of buying the book for me, we left the good smelling store to head back into the crowded hall, searching for the next thing to do. My watch vibrates again, revealing another message from Anna, I open it hesitantly, remembering what I had promised him earlier.

Don't brush it off like it was nothing! My mom wants to meet you as well. Please?

I don't want to tell her, not know and not like that. I mean, why should I, she has nothing to do with our relationship. Why does he want her to know? Deciding to just reply later, I lock my watch and dare to meet with Nathans eyes who tried to read what I was doing. "Nathan.", I whisper, "Why do you get jealous so easily?", I ask carefully, stopping in the middle of the way, a few people trying to avoid crashing into us. "I just don't want anybody else to have you.", he grins, pecking my lips gently. This can't be the only reason, it just can't. Maybe something had happened with his ex boyfriend? Is he scared of something?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Look who's a nice little author! Me! Here you go my friends! Also, I'm totally obsessed with Hamilton, now that you have this useless information you can move on with your life!