Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Adam's. Pov

I walked out if the shower in complete, blissful ignorance of what the night had in store for me. Ruffleing my dirty Blonde hair with my towel, I picked up my iphone to check my texts. 

1 new message from Laina Hawthorn. 

•damon is missing. R U home?• 

Shocked, I dropped the towel and immediately my thumbs twiddled away. Laina was one of my best friends in the entire world. We had known each other since grade school. In second grade I bought her a plactic ruby ring out of a quarter machine and asked for herhand in marraige. Our wedding was held on the playground at SilverWest Elementary School. I thought I had been the luckiest chap on earth when I saw her walking up to me with yellow dandelions in her light blonde hair and her blue eyes smiling at me. I was the only 7 year old I knew who had a wife. 

Laina and I had been inseperable since. But the romantic part of our relationship had been forgotten by the 4th grade, we had still remained the best of friends. 

•yes. How long has he been gone? Where do u think he is?• 

I sent the text and tossed my phone on the bed. I walked to my closet and picked out a blue-grey v-necked t-shirt and slipped it on, paired with my black basketball shorts. As soon as I had the shirt slipped over my head, my phone buzzed again. 

•idk! Im picking you up in 5. B ready• 

•k• 

I glanced over at the analog clock that sat on my desk. Almost 10.30 pm. I turned and looked.at myself in the full-sized mirror on my wall next to my closet door. My hair was all ruffled to the left side. I quickly rubbed some of my blue hair gel in my hands and spiked in correctly, leaving my bangs swishing out in front if my forehead. I put on my thick framed black square glasses, that immediately emphazized the bright shades if green in my hazle/ multi-colored eyes. Then I slipped on my adidas sandles and took one last look at myself, I was a little bit plain and sloppy but at least I looked half-way presentable for going out on a Damon -hunt in the middle.of the night. 

I had grown to be less concerned about Damon when he went missing simply for the fact that it happened so often. He was always out trying to get into some club or bar. When Damon moved here to California, he was the epitimy of awkward 7th grader. Originally from England, damon's parents had shipped him off to America in hopes that he would make more friends. Laina's mother had generously offered to let Damon stay withthem and be his host -mother while he lived here. When Laina introduced us, Damon had short, dark black hair. He wore a yellow polo tucked into his trousers, which were belted tightly a little too high up on his belly. He had peircing blue eyes that you felt could see right through your soul if you looked into them for too long. 

Eventually, Damon was briuht to the cold realization that dressing the way he did would nit be tolerated by any middle schoolers if any kind. He was teased and tormented quite crudely fir superficial things that only matter to middle schoolers. The even made fun of his brittish accent.. which had the girls falling all over him these days. Damon had made quite the transformation in the summer between 7th and 8th grade. He had grown out his hair so that it fell over his face and hid his eyes. He changed his style to only wear tight dark jeans and band t shirts. He wore big black boots and in 9th grade, he even got his lip peirced. The teasing had stopped for the most part. Most of the kids were too scared or too intimidated to make fun of Damon, and he didn't really seem to care about the ones who did. 

But nowhere had new problems. Damon was constantly trying to rebel at every turn and he was making really poor choices ever since he went home to London for holiday and his parents had written him off and rejected him for his new found lifestyle. 

My phone buzzed on my bed again. 

•here• 

I slid my phone into my pocket, jotted down a note on a post-it telling my mom what was going on, and headed out the door. My mom was pretty layed back. I had never really done anything super bad and I was about to turn 18 anyway. She trusted me so I knew she would have no problem with me going out. 

I hopped into Laina's baby blue bug that was parked in my driveway, headlights shining up against the garage door. 

"Heya" I said cheerfully smiling at Laina. 

"Hey" she said back not so cheerfully and sighed. Her blonde wavy hair was pulled up in a messy bun and she was outfitted in a baggy purple, shoulder revealing shirt, short black shorts, and dark brown ugs. Clearly she had been getting ready for bed aswell. 

As she pulled out of my driveway and I buckled my seatbelt, she let out another angry sigh. I frowned. 

"So where do you think he is?" I asked. 

"My first guess would be Bobby Ayker's party." 

"Oh yeah I saw that flyer at school yesterday.." I remembered outloud. Bobby's parents were gone for the weekend and he had access to a bunch if booze some how. 

The rest if the ride to Bobby ayker's house was pretty much silent. Laina and I had become accustomed to having to go out out in the middle of the night to retrieve our rebellious friend at least once a month. And I could tell Laina had just about had it. 

We pulled up to a house with about 30 highschoolers who were sitting on the front lawn. Some of them smoking cigarettes and some of them were couples who were French kissing quite publicly. The doors of the car slammed shut behind Laina and I. As we walked up the sidewalk to the house we could hear the party music's base pumping loudly from the inside. We walked in, laina was leading the way, and as she opend the door a blast of alcohol stench hit me like a brick wall. I felt buzzed just breathing the air. 

Bobby spooted us and he strode over holding up a liquor bottle in each hand. Obviously drunk. 

"Haaaaaay crashers! Hope you're not here to poop all over my parrtayy!" Hes slurred. Laina wrinkled her nose at his reeking breath. For some reason, this caused me to smirk. 

"Whatever Bobby. Is Damon here?" Laina out her hand in front of her nose trying to block out the smell that bombarded the entire place. Bobby put his hand to his chin, pretending to ponder something legitimately. 

"Matter of fact I did see the little goth. I think hes upstairs in the attic." 

Lainas brows furrowed and she shoved past Bobby and through the crowd, marching up the stairs. I followed close behind her so I wouldn't lose her in the sea of teenagers who were booty dancing and running around drunk. 

Upstairs, the reek of alcohol had died off slightly, but there was a different smell in the air that was unmistakable. Laina turned and looked at me as her eyes widened as she came to the realization of what the smell was aswell. Her face heated with anger and she stomped up the ladder into the trap door on the ceiling, still following, my sight was weakened by the thin layer of smoke in the air, 5 highschoolers were sitting in a circle passing a green bong around. They all ceased when we entered. Damon cursed under his breath as soon as he saw us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

picture is Adam (: