...the siblings...{part 2}

Start from the beginning

Tomoe flinched at the word death that slipped out of Tomoka's mouth nonchalantly but with a hint of eagerness.
He was surprised his sister wasn't scared nor affected by death.
But he knew that she didn't since long ago...
And he felt guilt coming back again...
All the times he could've changed the way his own sister thought about things...he didn't.
Now his sister was out killing as her job and isn't afraid of death.

" Can't you fake your own death?"-Nanami
"Please don't make me quit my job. It's best if I stay there instead of the shrine...I'll just put you in danger Nanami..."-Tomoka
"But it's better than killing isn't it?!"-Nanami
"...I agree that it's better than killing."
Tomoka closed her eyes and sighed before continuing.
"But it's better than putting your own friends and family in danger. If you knew what I did before I signed the contract..."-Tomoka
"What did you do?"-Tomoe
".........I lost control......and almost harmed my kids...
They're afraid of me because of it and I don't want to see their frightened faces everytime I go near them nor do I want to see my fathers disappointed face."-Tomoka
"Then...let us help you...you can stay here in the shrine with us......"-Nanami
"...I wish I could say yes...but..."
Tomoka glanced over at Mika then back at them before saying
"If I leave without the councils permission I'll get hunted down and...you know the rest."-Tomoka

Silence filled the room.
Tomoe had an idea in mind but he would do it at the right time.
All he had to do was wait.
If he were to do this he would have to keep it to himself and do it himself.
He couldn't let Nanami,Takashi nor Mizuki know about it.
Since he was thinking about his plan he didn't notice Tomoka was about to leave and was saying goodbye until Nanami snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Tomoka's about to leave and you're daydreaming???"-Nanami
Tomoe looked at Tomoka who smiled at them without noticing her brothers stare.
She continued to smile until she spotted Tomoe staring at her,flustered she coughed and looked away with a pink face.
'I can't let him know what I just did with my imagination!'-thought Tomoka
"So...you're gonna leave now?"-Tomoe
Tomoka snapped out of it and turned to look at her brother.
She sighed before slowly nodding.

But then again she was on a holiday so~
"Well...actually~I'm on break right now so I can stay for tonight."-Tomoka
Nanami brightened up and practically dragged Tomoka away to her room leaving the boys in the dust.
Tomoe sighed before shaking his head and looking at Mika who is now Tomoka's partner in crime in the work they do.
Mika sweat dropped while staring at the dust that was flying everywhere,Tomoe stood still contemplating whether or not to bring him to Tomoka's old room or the guest room.

But before he could tell Mika where he was gonna stay they heard a girly scream come from Nanami's room and Tomoka running out.
Tomoka was running back to Mika and hid behind his back.
Nanami came out confused and stared at Tomoka who was behind Mika shaking.

"Calm down Tomoka...what happened?"-Mika
Tomoka's eyes were wide and she was trembling in front of Mika
"I...I thought I saw something..."-Tomoka
"What did you see?"-Mika/Nanami
"It's...it's nothing I'm fine.."-Tomoka
"If you say so..."-Mika
"What?! You're just gonna leave it when she's trembling like a leaf?!"-Nanami/Tomoe
"I've learned not to push people to their limits especially her."-Mika
"...then you won't be able to know what's bothering her..."-Nanami
"It doesn't matter. As long as nothing hurts her then I won't push her."-Mika

Tomoe listened and thought that Mika would've been a better brother instead of himself seeing as he shunned his own sister and said countless things that hurt Tomoka.
Tomoe looked down at the ground contemplating whether or not to ask his sister what happened.

"I'm fine guys really..."-Tomoka
"...come here."-Mika
Mika opened his arms and waited until for Tomoka so that he could give her a hug.
When the hug did happen Takashi and Nanami joined in while Tomoe stood there looking at them.
Nanami reached her arm out and pulled Tomoe in with them.
Tomoka was smiling the whole hug.
She's happy now that everything's been patched up but suddenly she remembered something and broke the hug.

Tomoka POV

"Where's Mizuki?"
"Oh he's asleep in his room."-Nanami
"Ok then I'll be going there first.."
"Ok then we'll go ahead and prepare dinner for you guys."-Tomoe
I nodded and headed over to Mizuki's room.

I slowly walked in the hallway replaying all the memories I've had here.
The happy and sad ones...
I arrived in front of Mizuki's door and knocked three times before slowly opening the door.
I peeked through the gap I've created and saw that Mizuki was sound asleep.

Tomoka sat next to him and looked at his face.
She noticed the dark circles around his eyes and messy hair.
She reached her hand out and gently combed through his hair before she slowly leaned down and kissed his forehead.

Third person

"I'm sorry.."-she whispered
Before slowly standing up and leaving the room.
Unknown to her Mizuki woke up when she was combing his hair.
Mizuki couldn't help the tears that built in his eyes as he slowly let them fall.
He cried because he was relieved to know that she was here but he also knew that she was going to leave.

Tomoka arrived at the dining room to see that everyone was drinking sake and laughing with each other.
Tomoe had prepared a hot pot for them and a lot of sake since it was rare for his sister to be here.
Nanami had suggested the hot pot of course and just like that they had forgotten about what had happened earlier.
Tomoka smiled at the sight of them all laughing before she went out for fresh air.

She went to her favourite spot outside which was usually under a tree and watched the stars.
For no reason at all the stars made her relaxed...peaceful.
She closed her eyes and thought of what had happened earlier...
The nightmares she had been having have gotten worse...
When she finished her mission...she had started seeing a silhouette of a person...
That silhouette has been following her for the past five missions she had been doing...

But today...that silhouette smiled.
Tho she couldn't see the face of the silhouette she was certain that it had smiled at her before tilting its head.
This dark silhouette had a knife in hand...
The same knife she had when she killed.
This thing...she knew it was her mind playing tricks on her.
It was her dark past...
The times she had killed.
She regretted it.
But she couldn't do anything.

Slowly she unconsciously reached for her left shoulder.
"This damned curse."-she whispered
Unknown tears have started to appear.
She let them fall down her face as she started sobbing.
Her crimes have come to haunt her.
They've come to taunt her.
They've come...
For revenge...
She knew...that even if it was her mind playing tricks or if all those she had killed had come for revenge.
She knew...she was going to die soon.
Nothing would stop her death.

While she was crying Mizuki had come out.
Mizuki saw Tomoka's trembling figure out in the darkness.
Don't question how. A snakes senses.

Mizuki approached her and slowly hugged her trembling figure.
"Why are you crying?"-Mizuki
"Because...of all the things I've done..."-Tomoka
"Hey now...don't cry...it wasn't your fault...you couldn't do anything against the curse you bear."-Mizuki
"I know...but is it wrong to hate myself for not doing anything against it?"-Tomoka
"No...no it's not wrong...but you have to know that there was nothing you could've done."-Mizuki
Tomoka nodded before she slowly hugged him back.

"I missed you...you know?"-Mizuki
"Heh...I know..."-Tomoka
They enjoyed the silence before Tomoka broke it.
"Me too...I missed you too."-Tomoka
Mizuki was shocked to hear that but he smiled at her and hugged her a little tighter in their embrace.
Unknown to them the whole squad was at the entrance looking at them from afar.
Takashi and Tomoe were smiling a little while the other two well...same reaction as me deh.
Nanami and Mika were squealing and kept saying how their ship has sailed.

Ok so...I know it's shorter but I've been having troubles for the past few days
I've been having family problems for awhile now and it's kinda giving me writers block.
I'm sorry if I have disappointed you guys for not updating but there's really nothing I can do.
My family is really...starting to annoy me but then again I still love them.
Anyways hope you guys enjoy.
Adios~