Chapter 1. New School

New Life felt very sleepy when waking up. Her eyes were half-open half-closed. Then, she opened them wide, yawning, then smacking her lips. She looked at the beaming Sun, smiled, and knew it was going to be a satisfying day. "Good morning self, good morning bed, good morning Sun, and good morning beautiful day!" New Life said, positively to herself.

New Life slowly got out of bed to say good morning to her mother, Angel, and her dad, God. They all greeted each other with small conversations at the breakfast table. After she had gotten ready, she road on her pet, whose name was Halo, and was actually an eagle. The eagle set itself on the road when she was finally at school. After New Life got off Halo, she said "thank you" and kissed Halo on the cheek. She waved as Halo had returned back home, up in the skies. New Life looked above at the big printed letters on her new school. It said "Everglade Lake Middle School. Hope you have a great first day!" She smiled, knowing that the letters had given her the positivity to make new friends and learn many new things. But most importantly, she wanted a best friend to always be by her side, through thick and thin.

                                                                     ***

Old Death's alarm clock was screaming at him, and was too lazy to find the snooze button and kept yowling "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!" at it. When his lazy fist finally hit the button, he was yawning, trying to wake up, smacking his lips as well. He felt so tired and lazy, he couldn't even get out of bed for the next 10 minutes. However, when he finally got out, he ate his breakfast and got ready as usual. When Old Death was about to get out the door for school, his dad, the Devil, tapped on his shoulder. He said, "If you see any bullies, CONTROL YOUR ANGER!! Otherwise, we'd have to make you sleep with your brother, Satan, and you'd have to deal with him for the rest of your life. " Old Death groaned and said "Ughhh, I know, Dad. See ya." He walked out the door, and took the underground elevator. When he got out, he saw the big printed letters outside the school, but this time, the letters said "Welcome to Everglade Lake Middle School, bla bla bla. Good luck on your first day, DEVIL'S CHILD." He groaned and said, "Welp, here goes nothing. Approximately 8 whole hours of NOTHING."