The Arrival

So often are we guided by our devotion

Our love, Our Affection.

A bond that pulls us down paths not bargained,

And when you find yourself alone as HE casts outs that bedevilling gate,

How far will it carry you?

It was a dark night and the wind blew harshly as it made the trees look like they were bowing down to her. It puzzled her though how the dirt and grass and everything around her were covered in frost and how every time she breathed, a mist escaped her mouth and nose, but she wasn't cold nonetheless.

In front of her was a house. She wasn't quite sure who it belonged to, but there was something in the back of her mind that made it seem very familiar. The porch lamp on top of her head shadowed the edges of the abstract carvings on the mahogany door as she traced them with her fingers.

Curious, she peeked in through the frosty windows. Inside was as dark as the forest behind her but she could see old furniture and a long staircase that winded upstairs, and only then did she notice that there was a light coming from the floor above.

"Bee."

Someone had called out her name and then hearing trudging of tiny footsteps in the crunching snow, a small and tiny voice answered. Bee turned around to see where the voice came from and saw a girl running up the steps towards the door. The little girl reached up for the door knob with her mittens and twisted it, letting out a small grunt before running inside towards the person calling for her.

The little girl had left the door opened, and Bee noticed this. It was instinct that made her want to follow that girl and it took her a few steps for her to arrive in front of the door.

Scanning the room, her gaze dropped down to the floor and saw the little girls' footsteps trailing upstairs. She squatted down to take a better look at the strange liquid and when she did, her eyebrows frowned when she realised what the dark red substance glistening in the porch light was.

Blood?  Was the little girl hurt?

She didn't seem hurt when Bee saw her. A little concern took over her and Bee finally stepped into the house. With slow creeping steps, she follows the trail of bloody footprints which lead her upstairs. When she finally reached the top of the stairs, everything around her was still dark, except for one light on the wall right on top of the door at the end of the corridor.

A voice whispered in the still air; and bee ignores the chill that runs down her spine as she makes her way to the door. The whispering voices grow louder and louder but immediately stops when she finds herself standing right in front of the door which was left slightly open. It wasn't courage that made her open that door, only curiosity desperately wanting her to see what was inside. Like the rest of the house, the room was dark, and the only light was the luminescent glow that came from the moon, hidden behind the dark and gloomy clouds.

Again, she notices the bloody trail of footsteps that lead to the bedside, and her eyes fall on the girl that she saw a while ago. The girl started humming a song that Bee doesn't know, but the tune was haunting and the feeling of fear crept upon her yet a sadness that felt like poison running through her veins.

"You're here."

The little girl said, but Bee failed to see her face clearly in the dark, so she took one or two steps closer just to get a better look at the girl.

Bee was frightened, but she didn't show it. She didn't want to act rashly around this thing. The shock hit her hard, making her unable to move for a few seconds as the faceless little girl, tilted her head up, as if to look up at Bee.

"Are you scared of me?" The little girl asked despite it not having a mouth.

Bee, still a little shaken by this entity, managed to calm herself down and gulped before opening her mouth to answer the kid. "I'm not afraid of you."

The little girl, still in her pink mittens, held up her one hand at Bee.

"Come play with me." Bee is very confused and everything to her didn't make sense, but she takes the girls hand and sits down on the bed beside her. The little girl leans on Bee and hums the same song again as she swung her short legs hanging from the edge of the bed.

"I like you. You're nice." The little girl said and put her arms round Bee's waist tightly. Bee decides that the girl isn't really scary anymore or that she was going to harm her in any way, because in a very weird way she somehow felt like she knew this girl from somewhere.

Bee pulls back the hair out of the little girls' face, not like she had one; but she stroked her hair and hugged the little girl close. It bothered her when she saw that her pink boots were covered in snow and blood and she just had to ask what it was.

"Why is there blood on your boots?" Bee asks softly and it surprises her when the little girl pulls herself away from Bee's hold and starts crying in the palms of her hands.

"It wasn't my fault!" The little girl said, and she sobbed louder. "It wasn't me! I didn't do it!" Bee regrets making the little girl cry.

It was loud that it echoed throughout the whole house, and suddenly Bee felt uneasy about the atmosphere around her. She tried hugging the girl again to comfort her and tell her that it was ok, but the girl pushes her away and she jumps off the bed, stepping away from Bee.

"No! You don't get it! He did it! It was his fault!" The girl cries and Bee frowns.

She was confused. Who was the girl talking about?

"Whose fault is it? Who are you talking about?" Bee tried to calm her down but the girl ran to the corner of the room.

She was terrified and tried to make herself look small by crouching and hugging her knees in the corner so that no one could see her. Bee knows because she had felt that way many times before.

The girl suddenly stops crying and then lifts her head again. She slowly raises her hands and points it towards something standing tall behind Bee.

"He's here."

170405

a/n: Just to clear up some things, this is an old story that I've written 3 years ago but I've decided to edit and rewrite it as a BTS fanfic. If you've played the game Slender The Arrival then you might be familiar with the quote in the beginning. I wrote this before I played so it's not really based on the game but more on the myth itself (and I just thought the quote was very fitting too :P )