Chapter 14

Vi's POV

Its been almost 3 months, and she has still held on, just not woken up. I am starting to worry, but I cant lose it yet. Yet.

She is gonna make it, isn't she? I have been wondering for so long, and now, here I am, sitting in bed, trying to think of a way to wake her up.

I get up, deciding I need to see her.

Cadi's POV

I hear the zipper to the tent open, and I know who it is. I try to pry open my eyes, but they seem to be sealed shut. I just want to see him...

I hear his footsteps, and then feel his hand on my leg. So warm. So comforting. I try so hard to move, even if its just a flinch.

I feel his breath against my hand, and then the warmth of his lips against it. I want to spring up and hug him. I felt like crying, and I wanted to wake up so badly...

Vi's POV

I look at her pale body. I cant believe she is still alive, she almost looks dead. How did she make it this long?

I cant help but rub circles on the top of it with my thumb. Damn, what if she was gone?

"Cadi, we need you back. I am breaking, and losing my battle. I need you. I really do."

I missed her. I missed having her there, even if she was a pain in the ass sometimes, I still wanted her back, because she was like a best friend to me. She was the only thing that was close to what my brother was.

I have a flashback..

I walk into the house, that girl from next door standing in our kitchen. Why was she here? She was Erin's best friend. I am so confused.

I walk up and into the kitchen, and see that there is a yellow telegram, and its for Erin.

I grab it from her hands, and she screams, crying. Erin was...

"Dead," I murmur to myself. It was true. Erin was dead, because he didn't pass the tests, and I had lost the brother I had looked up to all my life. Soon enough, the girl from next door stopped coming, then she moved. I never heard from her again.

I look at Cadi's almost dead form, and want to burst into tears. It was what Erin must have looked like. The pain in his expression, the sadness. I didn't want her to go through that.

I slowly move myself to her face, and I can feel her shallow breaths against my lips. She is dying, I know that much, and she isn't healing very well after those shots.

I lean down, brushing my lips against hers.

I feel her breaths become deeper, and a hand fall on mine. I open my eyes to see who was there. Nobody.

I look around, the tent dark, and empty, no nurses, no nothing.

When I look back, I notice one difference in her face. Her eyes are wide open, and staring into mine...

__________

Sorry for another short chapter guys, just really tired. I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I found out that I miserably failed a test in math, so ya'know, screwed at this rate. Hope you are enjoying the book, thanks for being patient with me!