Chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

"I know who you are." He growled up at me, "I've never associated with you."

"Ah but you have!" I take his hand as I pulled out a pair of pliers and wave it across his face, "You're fùcking boss fùcked with me in the past and I didn't get to teach him his lesson."

I take the pliers and place it on his index nail, threatening to take it off. He just glared up at me with a raging stare as he gulped.

"What my boss did to you has nothing to do with me." He growled back, "Antonio always did what he wanted to do and when he did, he never asked us to get involved."

"Then what the fùck did you used to do for him?" Tony piped,

"I only began to work for Antonio once he was sent to jail." He said, "My only job was to look for one person he asked me to. The day I went to visit him in his prison cell, he asked me to keep an eye on his fiancé, Adriana."

My head snapped towards Fabio and Tony as I furrow my brows. That was when we all began to realise what the matter really was here because if Antonio was searching and keeping an eye on Adriana, then why the fùck wasn't she with him at the time?

"What happened next?" Tony urged him to speak,

"Well, for all I know him and his fiancé were no longer together just before I began to work for him."

"What?" I couldn't stop but ask. I felt choked at this revelation and my chest began to tighten however, I used all my strength to avoid it. She should no longer affect me.

Luca just began to laugh again but this time, it was a lazy laugh. He let out a sigh and then watch us with amusement.

"The fūckbrain was a woman beater. Of course she would leave him. Eventually."

Despite the fact that I told myself to feel no emotions regarding Adriana, my stomach just dropped at the realisation that potentially, the only reason why Antonio was down for attempted murder because he tried to kill Adriana. Tony's assumption just became clear to me that I glance over at him as disgust was painted all over his face.

"What the fùck?" Tony growled under his breath before he stepped forward, "Where is he located? Where can we find him?

"Ah, I must say you all are fùcking idiots." Luca shook his head, "You can't find Antonio anywhere but his grave. The motherfùcker died a few months ago."

I didn't know what to believe; the fact that Adriana had an abusive fiancé or that fact that her abusive fiancé is indeed dead. My brain stopped functioning for a second because I was confused as fùck, maybe I should've listened to Fabio when he urged me to keep tabs on her all these years.

I step away from them to give myself a moment to allow all of this to just sink in because I was for some reason, having trouble believing any of it. I needed confirmation and the only person that could give me that was Adriana, so I decided to confront her about it.

Before I could go, Fabio grabbed my arm and shook his head.

"She didn't say anything to us."

"Yeah... which is why I'm about to confront her right away." I growl,

"No!" He pulled me back, "You are not doing such fùcking thing! The povera ragazza can't even stand still around you. You intimidate her so much, cut her some slack."