20: I love him

Aphmau's POV:

The phone rang on the other side. It only took twice before it was answered.

"Teony, I need your advice."

"Okay, what's going on?"

"Well, do you know about the whole Garroth thing that's been going on?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, Garroth woke up yesterday and he's home right now but, Teony, I think..."

"Hm?"

"I think I love him."

There was a silence before a wave of squeals.

"Wait, are there other people in your house?!"

"Yeah, KC and Luci. Remember. You go to the same College."

"Oh...Right."

"Anyways, this is amazing Aph! Are you gonna tell him?"

"Um, that's the thing, I'm scared. After Kai, I don't know how to confess anymore."

"Aww, that's sweet. Aphmau~senpai, I'm sure Garroth~Kun loves her so what's the problem?" KC asked over the phone.

"The problem is that he's upset with me. Laurance and the others told me themselves." I explained.

"I see..." I heard Teony again.

"I suggest you give him space until he is ready." I heard Lucinda.

"I guess but, it's killing me inside and out."

"Aph, listen to me. Garroth is going through a lot and is probably not ready. I do think Lucinda is suggesting the best right now." Teony assured me.

"Okay then. I can't wait to see you guys in week!"

"You too. We'll see you soon!"

They hung up and layed back on my bed. The dried paint on the wall formed shapes. I remember that night...

Flashback...

"Garrath...What are you doing?" A three year old me asked.

"Oh, I'm looking at the paint." He answered.

"Why? You do know it's dry right?" I say sitting down next to him.

"Yeah but, look," He pointed at a shape that the paint dried into. "Do you know what that is the shape of?"

I squinted my eyes. My eyes lit up once I saw a kitten shape in it.

"Garrath! Oh my dog, that's so cool!"

"Heh, I knew you would like it Aphmoo."

I grabbed a colored pencil, black to be exact, and sat back down next to him.

"What's that for?" He asked.

"I'm drawing a face on it so, I will always remember. My mommy told me that it's sometimes easy to forget thing but, I don't want to forget this Garrath." I told him.

A small pink tint spread across his face.

"O-Oh...Um, thank you Aphmoo..."

"You're welcome Garrath!"

I drew a little kitten face on the wall. Back then, I bragged about how perfect the whiskers and mouth was. My mom had a different opinion but, still thought the gesture was adorable.

Three years later...

"Garroth, I don't want to go..."

"Me either. I want you to stay."

The for sale sign infront of our home stood tall. Well, tall for six year olds.

"Are you coming back?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I hope I am."

"Aphmau, I'm scared..."

I got on my tough face on and grabbed his face and made him look into my eyes.

"Look Garroth, I know kindergarten will be scarry. I am scared about it too. But, listen to me when I tell you, Garroth you're an amazing person who people love and if some bumb butt doesn't believe that, give my mommy a call and I'll come punch their face for you." I assured him in a six year old way. "I know pre-school was hard for you because of stupid Zenix not realizing how awesome you are but, you got this! I bet, you'll be the most popular kid in the whole school."

He smiled his big smile. One of his bottom front teeth was missing at the time. I still have a picture and he looked adorable!

"Thanks Aphmau! You're the best and I think you'll be popular too!" He cheered.

"Thanks!"

My car horn honked at us.

"Come on Mi'ha! The moving truck might leave without us!"

"Coming Mommy!"

I turned back to Garroth and his brothers. Vylad was in tears while Zane was clutching the pony I got for him. I gave them all a hug and once I finished Garroth's hug, I did something that a six year old doesn't really think before doing. I kissed him on the cheek.

"Bye Aphmau!" He waved as I walked off.

"Bye bye!"

We drove off out if the neighborhood. Off to Scaleswind.

Eight years later..

I was crying on the side of the road. Aaron just left for college and I was scared that I wasn't going to see him again. He was one of my only friends in High School. Being only a freshman and all.

"Um, excuse me, a-are you alright?" Asked a quiet voice by me.

I looked and saw my old crush. Garroth Ro'Meave. I knew we used to be close friends when I moved back here at first when I was ten but, after sixth grade, we drifted apart.

"Oh, hey Garroth."

"Um, h-hey," He stuttered. "Can I sit here?"

"Sure." I say.

He sat down next to me.

"Did Aaron-"

"Yeah."

"I see. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I just need a friend to be honest but, I know you have baseball camp-"

"You do realize that only lasts three hours a day?" He asked smirking.

"Really!? Oh!"

"Haha! It's okay! Anyways, I wouldn't mind being your friend for the summer. Like old times."

"Really? Even after I abandoned you for Ivy and her group?"

"Yeah. I mean, you hate her now right?"

"Heh, yeah. I gag every time I see her."

He chuckled.

"See, now we have one thing in common after all these years."

"Yeah. I missed you."

"I missed you too, Aphmoo."

"Garrath."

We laughed. That whole summer, we spent everyday together. I met Laurance through him along with other friends. It was probably one the best summers ever.

Present day....

I just wish I could have like that summer again. With him.

"Garroth... I'm sorry."

I got under my covers and turned off the light. I looked on the wall next to my pillow. A kitten face was still on there, smiling back at me.

"I love you..."