10: Second Note

Garroth's POV:

I couldn't really rap my mind around the idea of myself being asleep for almost nine months. I missed birthdays and holidays. I probably missed important events that happened in the people that I cared about lives.

Laurance.

Dante.

Katelyn.

Aphmau.

I can't think about her right now. She really hurt me but, I can't feel that way I did before. She doesn't love me back. If she did, I wouldn't believe it. If she loved me now, it would probably be out of pity.

Thankfully, I wasn't thinking about school. I was getting a criminal justice degree so, I only needed two years of college so, I could finish it next year.

"Garroth!"

I looked up to see Vylad. He was smiling ear to ear. Something that I always loved to see from him.

"Hey buddy!", I say

He ran over to me at high speed and wrapped his arms, tightly, around me in an embrace. I ignore the stinging pain from my body and hugged him back.

"I miss you...", he whispered

"Heh, don't cry. If you do I'll cry!"

He let go and sat at the end of the hospital bed.

"I'm not that emotional!", he protested

"Right...", I say with a smirk

"Haha!"

"Where's Mum and Dad?", I asked

"They're talking with the doctor about a release date and also any other information they need to know about.", he explained

"Oh. Well, I hope I get out soon. These sheets smell.", I admit

"Well, that's your fault for sleeping for one more month after they changed the sheets for a fifth time!", Vyald argues

"Welp! Can't control my body when I'm sleeping.", I joked with a shrug

"Heh."

Silence.

"How's...everyone else?", I asked

"Well, I'm having my high school graduation this weekend. Zane finished his first year on campus. Katelyn and Dante are doing fine. Aaron graduated College with his historian degree. Laurance is planning to propose to Isabel when he graduates. Aphmau she-oh!"

"What!?", I asked getting concerned

Sure, I was upset about her breaking my heart but, if hurt herself I would be heartbroken all over again.

"I'm supposed to give you this.", Vyald says handing me another envelope

I take it.

"Hey, Mom told me to back out there in a few so, I probably should get back.", he says patting me on the shoulder

I smiled as he left. Soon as he did, I tore open the envelope. Aphmau's handwriting was shown.

Garroth,

  I'm realizing that maybe when your reading these, you don't want to hear anything about me and you have every right to do so. But, I need to do this. Today, I heard from your family that they were told that you are in a coma. I can't even react to that! Why you of all people? We all by the end of the get together were on the floor crying. We stayed like that for a half an hour. It may sound ridiculous but, we all really care about you. Even Laurance. Speaking of which, Laurance and I got in an argument. I was all my fault I'll have you so don't get mad at him or the both of us. Just me. I told him that it was my fault you got into that car and it was. He told me everything at that moment. About when we reunited at high school and you fell for me. He got really upset, obviously, and told me to think and come back with an answer. I don't have one. I care about you Garroth. I really do. I just... don't want to make you waste your time on me. Staying friends is something that made me feel I could talk to you whenever I needed it.
Garroth if you're reading this, they were going to pull your plug on May eighteenth. I probably am back at home with my mom at this point and I won't be the one you'll see first thing when you wake up. Just know that I want to see you again. I want to hear your ridiculous heavy british accent again. I want to hear you rant about your history professor over the phone about how she gives to much work. Most of all, I want to see your smile. It always calmed me. I need it more than ever.

I miss you.

~Aphmau

I sat there. Tears brimming my eyes. It was written in fall. So long ago and now I'm just reading it! It wasn't fair. I wanted to see her again. Tell her I'm okay. Tell her I want to be friends too. I want to see all my friends but, I'm connected to this block of a machine! I'm trapped.

"Oh Aphmau...", I say to myself,"I want to see you again too."

Word Count
807