15: Third Note

Garroth's POV:

I was just laying in bed. I was completely exhausted even though I have been asleep for nine months. I just wanted to see my friends. Tell them I was okay but, them I'm fine. I'm awake. I'm happy. All they know is that I'm my death bed waiting for the string to snap.

I've been lying here for an hour, waiting for a doctor, nurse, or my parents. I'll take anyone right now.

"Gar-Gar..?" A soft women's voice asks

I look over to the door and see my mother with a soft smile and tears in her eyes.

"Mummy..."

She came over and hugged me softly. Once she released, she used her hand to caress my cheek.

"Please don't worry me like that ever again..."

"I promise."

She sat down at the end of the bed.

"Okay. So the doctors told me and your father that you can come home tomorrow morning. They just want to keep you here tonight to see what will happen."

"What do you mean?"

She looked at me, a bit nervous. She bit her lip and tears started to swell up more.

"Hunny, you woke up before but, Aphmau was with you. She told us that she was talking to you and just putting her chair back but, once she turned back...You were up straight, staring at her terrified."

"H-How did I fall asleep again?"

"You had a serious panic attack. Doctors told us that your mind wasn't completely with reality and they put you to sleep again. Except, it put you out longer than expected. Just know, that you were in mental pain and it was the best choice to make."

I was silent. Aphmau was with me, in the room. I hope she didn't get to emotional during it.

"Speaking of Aphmau, she wanted me to give this to you."

She handed me a third envelope. I smiled, waiting to hear what happened.

"Thanks you Mummy." I say

"I'll see you tomorrow Gar-Gar."

With that she left. I looked down at the letter. Hopefully nothing to awful happened.
I ripped it open and unfold the letter.

Hi again Garroth.

It's been awhile since I wrote one of these. I mean, I was kind of ignoring to do it because, nothing great has really happened. I mean, Dante and Laurance are graduating this year in law enforcement but, besides that, nothing really.

Right now, it's March. I guess you understand now as to why I've been ignoring to write these. So, uh, Laurance and I we're not talking to each other. He hates me and I don't blame him. I'm planning to go to his apartment and just try to talk to him. What can go wrong right? Anyways, when you wake up, I'm planning to give you these myself. If not, that probably means that I'm off for summer break. I am leaving on May seventh. Two months from now to be exact.

Garroth, in December, I visited you. I talked to you for almost an hour and when I was about to go, you were up. Then, something terrifying happened. You started going ballistic. Kept telling me to help you and not let the doctors touch you. As if you knew what they were going to do. Garroth, that shook me. I have nightmares about it. One of them was when we were on a breaking cliff, above rushing water. You were tied to a tree, saying the same things. Garroth, I couldn't do anything. In the dream, and reality. I wanted to help you so bad but, seeing you like that was scaring. I hope I never see you like that again.