11: Dance

I walk up to Dante's dorm. Instead of a big party, we all decided to watch a movie instead. I really needed this now. To be honest, I don't know how to tell them. Zane and Vylad will be there to help at least.

"Hey Aph!", exclaimed Dante, with a wide grin

"Hey!", I say as cheerfully as I could

"Come on in!"

I was guided in to see everyone was already there. Well, except Zane and Vylad. Even Katelyn was there and she lives with me!

"Aph!", they all exclaimed

"Hey!", I exclaimed

"It's been too long!", stated Aaron

I guess it has been summer since we all hanged out like this.
I saw Laurance in the corner, sipping on a glass of water. He wasn't engaging in the conversation.

"So, how's life?", asked Dante

"Well, stressful...", I say

"Hey, I'm sure he'll be up soon.", Katelyn says trying to cheer me up

"I hope so."

There was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it.", Dante says

Soon, Zane and Vylad joined and we were all talking about school and other things. Laurance even talked but, couldn't look me in the eye.

"Heh, I remember when Garroth would tell some lame pun by now.", Katelyn remembered

"Or he would blush like a tomato whenever we teased him!", Katelyn joked

"That iron marshmallow...", Aaron smiled

We all were silent.

"Um...Zane and I have to tell you all something...", Vylad said fiddling with his fingers

I saw that tears were already brimming the brothers' eyes. I sighed, trying not to cry myself.

"I'll do it.", I say

The boys look at me, telling me that their fine but, inside, they were broken. The others were growing impatient obviously.

"Garroth...he... he's in a coma... obviously but, they're going to pull his plug if he doesn't wake up before May eighteenth...", I explained shakily

Everyone was in shock. Nobody said a word.

"Not...Garroth....", Aaron said under his breath

"I'm so so sorry...", I say on the verge of crying

Laurance saw this. He came up to me and hugged me. He hugged me. I hugged back.

"Don't think I've forgiven you yet but...I can't stand to see you, someone Garroth cared for, cry.", he says

The rest of the movie, we were silent. Nobody had anything else to say.

Time skip...

Katelyn and I just arrived home. We only had smalltalk in the car. We were both exhausted and needed some rest. She headed straight to bed while I did mine.
I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked the same. I remember seeing Garroth. He was different. He looked abused. Even mentally. By me.

"You idiot!", I screamed,"He loved you!"

I threw everything on the floor with a big bang. Tears were staining my face. I screamed, sobbed, and stomped. I couldn't keep it in. All that saddness turned into anger. Towards myself.

Laurance.

The Ro'Meaves.

Even Garroth.

"Why me!?", I screamed,"You could've had anybody else but, you chose me!?"

I fell to the floor. I began to sob quietly.

"Garroth...please, answer me..."

I finally managed to get to bed. I let the warm covers take over me. I soon drifted off to sleep.

I seemed to be in a place of peace. Clouds were surrounding me. Stars could be seen but, it was as clear as day. I was wearing now a purple, short dress with black flats. I looked around in wonder. It was beautiful, peaceful, relaxing. I turned back and almost gasped.
Standing there was him. He was wearing a black suit with a light blue tie. His smile brightened the room even more, making me feel warm inside.

"G-Garroth...", I asked

"Hello M'Lady... it's nice to see you.", he says

I almost tackled him into a hug. I felt a peace in his arms.

"Aphmau...can I have this dance?"

I nodded and took his hand.

Play the music s'il vous plaît.

Music started to play in the background. I knew this song. It was one of my favorites. Also Garroth's.
I let Garroth guide me through the dance. His smile always remaining. I felt myself disappeared until, it was just me and Garroth. Dancing.

Then, I felt a butterfly feeling in my stomach. I felt heat rise to my cheeks. What is this?

The music continued to play. This was the calmest I felt in weeks. Almost months. I wish it could be like this forever.

Soon, the song faded away, leaving me still in Garroth's arms. I looked up into his cerulean blue eyes. The same brightness as always.

"Aphmau, please promise me something?"

"Yes, Garroth?"

"Never forget about me. Okay?"

"How could I? You're my best friend."

He chuckled and lets go of my hands. I soon heard a beating noise in the background. It was calm but, reminded me of something...no.

"I've got to go.", he says starting to turn away,"Remember what I told you..."

"Garroth! Wait! Please!", I cried

"No, I can't.", he says starting to fade,"Remember. P-Please..."

He faded away. Leaving me alone in this world. I felt like crying again.

"So far...so close..."

Everything around me started to go away. I didn't care. Garroth wasn't here anymore. So what's the point...

I wake up in a shock. Daylight shined through my window. Greeting another day.

Another day without him.

Word Count
903