Dreams and Disasters

“Get the luggage downstairs, we’ve got 10 minutes to book a cab.” Mum shouted through the house whilst she viciously threw last minute items into her bag.

“I’ll be down in a bit, let me just pack the rest of the t-shirts.” I shouted with the energy I didn’t have.

“You still haven’t packed!  Caitlyn come down here right now. I told you t-” She was cut short

“Mum! Coming down means less time for me to pack, we don’t have the time right? What about that cab?” It was the only excuse I could really find.

“I don’t want you acting up right now. Get packing.” She hated being proved wrong. Especially by people younger than her.

This is what would always happen before a holiday, the house will be chaos and everyone will be screaming out orders. We were going to The Isle Of Wight, it was a really nice place, it had great seaside’s and the Hotels were luxurious, it would be our family and Uncle Callum's family. I was really excited about it although Uncle Callum would easily get on my nerves but I had to put those thoughts aside and think about how much fun I would have on this holiday.

I grinned as I finished my packing and walked downstairs. Everyone was already fitting in the cramped hallway we had. There was mum, dad, my younger brother Chase and older sister Macie. I stood awkwardly on the stairs trying to ignore all the hassle below me. There were so many problems going on about I couldn't bring myself to recall it.

"The cab is coming soon; everyone should get all their luggage outside in two minutes straight!" Dad loved to act like some sort of leader around anyone.

 As soon as the cab came, we pushed our luggage onto dad and argued over which seats we would get in the cab. I was forced to sit next to the cab driver who reeked of alcohol and cigars. The journey was long and agonizing; having to listen to my sister singing to Rise Against and my brother updating the latest football scores on his phone. On top of that, mum and dad were arguing about who was going to pay for the ferry tickets. I sat on the small corner of the cab, jamming my headphones into my aching ears in an attempt to block out my surroundings. All I could do was watch the endless amount of streetlights passing by and it got to the point where I was so bored that I was counting how many street lights there were.

After an endless four hour's worth of arguing and that gut-wrenching driver, we finally reached the ferry dock. My uncle and his family had been waiting at the dock for quite some time, he greeted us with an unwelcoming grin and a furious glare in his eyes, teaching us to never leave him waiting for longer than a half hour. He had two daughters, Tyra Blake was 15 like me and Alex Blake who was a year older than Macie was 20, Macie was 19 and poor Chase had no one, he was only eight.

Uncle Callum and Dad took the luggage into their hands and Mum walked over to Aunt Sarah, they were always together, they were like best Friends. Tyra was the more girly one out of both of us, she would love to put make up on and do her hair and her favourite colour was pink. She had amazing hair, it was quite long and it was a very light brown, she would always curl it, it would be very rare to see her hair straight although I think it looked nice on her, she had dark brown eyes that looked so nice with the colour of her hair.

 Tyra and Alex both looked quite identical and similarly different to their Dad. He had a pot-belly and always wore a shirt that exposed his chest. I wasn't quite sure whether he was exceedingly wrinkly or simply flabby. The remainder of his hair was greasy and all over the place. He had very fat hands and droopy eyes. On top of that, his actual eyes were a brownish-yellow,(no, not his pupil)! I couldn't see any resemblance between him and his daughters. They were quite fit and healthy. Both had lovely, silky hair and fair, smooth skin. Where was the genetic resemblance with them?

 I tried not to dislike him too much for the sake of Tyra. We'd been the closest friends since God knows when. I have never loved anyone as much as her. Ever. Whatever happened, we'd share the experience together. Like today for an example. She took me by the hand and dragged me along to the ferry.                 

 "Let's rock this holiday!"

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Authors notes: This is just the first chapter to a thrilling story. Im sorry its really short but this is my first book and I'm just getting started, the next chapters will be longer. I hope you enjoyed it, and believe me- the rest of the story will be ten times better! :D PLEASE comment and vote for the story, I promise I won't let you down!