Part Twenty-Six

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh," Gemma said in surprise. "You can usually catch the cute ones, you've always-"

The young agent released the seatbelt in exasperation, wincing as it rubbed his stitches, and let his head fall back against the headrest, "You're already exhausting me and I just woke up like twenty minutes ago! I meant... that yes, he is extremely cute, but no, you can't have him."

"He's probably too young for me anyway," she sighed dramatically.

"No, actually," Harry shot back. "He's only a year younger than you."

He heard his sister laugh loudly, and he could almost see the way she'd quickly muffle it with her hand as she looked around to see if she'd disturbed any of her fellow coworkers. Being unable to control the volume of laughter unfortunately ran in the Styles family. She sighed then, still laughing as Harry chuckled at his older sister, "Ah, baby brother. I do miss you. So please don't get yourself shot again before I get the chance to come see you!"

"Miss you, too, Gem," Harry murmured. "I'll come see you if you can't come see... I'm off for a bit because of my arm. I do have other priorities that have to come first but-"

"Do you mean your 'friend'?" Gemma chuckled.

"I do."

She laughed again, "Have fun with that, then, H."

"Have fun at work, Gem," Harry smirked, and he heard her grumble something before he tacked on. "I love you?"

"Love you, too, you idiot."

Harry hung up the phone, slipping it back into his pocket, and noticed his mother grinning at him from the corner of his eye. He frowned, looking to her, "Did you tell her to give me shit about Louis?"

"Nope," his mother shook her head. "That's all Gem. I'm just laughing because she did."

The curly haired man frowned, trying to cross his arms without hurting his stitches, "Louis is really nice! I know you're going to like him. And Jay isn't bad either, she wants to meet you-"

"Wait, wait," Anne lifted one hand off the wheel. "Jay?"

"Louis' mother..." Harry explained. "She wants to meet you? She told me that I was chivalrous and she wanted to know why I am the way that I am... so I told her it was because you'd probably hurt me if I wasn't. And since Louis and I are together, it's probably nice if our mothers know one another."

"Louis is... a criminal," Anne said slowly.

"He's a Robin Hood," Harry disagreed. "All profit he made off of what he stole went to benefit a foster home. I was there, I met them. And Louis loved all of those kids so much, he knew them all by name and knew their hobbies and skills... he's not a criminal. I swear."

"Okay," she nodded, and then they were pulling into the hospital car park. "Okay, I believe you. I guess I'm excited to meet him and Jay as well."

"I like him a lot..." Harry continued. "Love him, even."

Anne found a place to park, and Harry led the way inside. He held the doors open for his mother before leading her right past the front desk and towards the lift. She frowned, but he motioned to his jeans pocket where his badge was placed, and she rolled her eyes as the lift door closed, "Using your occupation to your benefit I see..."

"This is business, mum," Harry tsked. "I'm keeping Louis up to date on his case."

"You're not supposed to be working."

Harry didn't respond, simply grinned and looked up to the changing floor numbers. He led his mother off on the ICU floor, leading her towards the large metal doors, "He's not too far from here."