Chapter Four: MIZUKI!

Start from the beginning

"Shino, I have to run!" I said before I sprinted off towards the forest.

I prayed and prayed I wasn’t too late.

I stopped at the lining of the trees.

Here goes nothing.

I focused chakra to my feet, closed my eyes, and jumped.

My feet landed on something, and I opened my eyes. I was on the tree branch. YES! It worked. I kept chakra flowing to my feet as I jumped from branch to branch. I had a feeling in my stomach that Naruto was over here somewhere, so that was where I was going.

After some time, Naruto came into sight. I was just in time by the looks of things, as Iruka came crashing through the trees and over to Naruto.

"I found you!" Iruka said.

I watched carefully, counting for my moment to jump in.

Now! I jumped down, pushed Iruka and Naruto out of the way as the kunai and shuriken flew at me. I grunted in pain as the weapons pinned me to the hut behind us. Bitch! That hurt like a motherfucker!

“Tam!” shouted Naruto.

“Tam!” Iruka shouted as well.

I pulled the kunai and shuriken that held me to the hut out of my clothes and flesh. I threw three kunai at the tree Mizuki was in. They missed him, but I gave his position away to Iruka and Naruto.

"The scroll, Naruto! Give it to me!" Mizuki said, looking down at Naruto. I glared at him with so much hate.

"Naruto! Whatever you do, don't give the scroll to Mizuki," I said. Come on I need a plan, I need to do something!

"You’re smart for a kid, kid. How did you know about all this?" Mizuki asked, averting his eyes to me.

"I'm one of the 'P' girls." I said. His face went from a smirk to a snarl. He tossed more kunai at me, and I dodged them.

He chose to ignore me, the fucker. "Naruto! Since that incident the people of the village have been bound by the strictest decree," Mizuki started.

Do I stop him? I thought. No Naruto needs to hear this. This shapes him into the man he becomes later on.

I relaxed, but kept my guard up at the same time.

"What? What decree?" Naruto shouted, confused. He was still on his butt from when I pushed him over. He looked to me for the answer. I looked away, not wanting to give it.

Mizuki had no problem telling him, though. "No one must ever tell you that you really are the Demon Fox, Naruto,” said Mizuki, and evil grin on his face.

In my frustration, I threw the kunai that I snatched off the floor. Mizuki deflected them like they were nothing.

"STOP!" Iruka screamed. “Don’t tell him anymore!”

I bit my lip as Mizuki continued. I had all the power to stop him then and there, but I couldn’t. Naruto had to hear all of this; he had to go through all of this.

"Iruka hates you because the Nine-Tailed Fox killed his parents," Mizuki pushed on.

No. Nu-uh. Screw going through all of this: that’s enough!

"Okay, can I stop this here?” I asked, taking a step forward and poking the air with my finger. “There; I just hit the pause button. Naruto, Iruka does not, in any way hate you, and you know that! So Mizuki, shut that fucking mouth of yours, will ya?" I said, developing a smirk of my own.