Bumulong naman sa'kin si Gideon. "Pre... 'di ko gusto ang awrahan nila, ah."

"Good day, Semideuses," they said in chorus. It sounded melodic and harmonious.

Napapikit-pikit naman si Llyr at Gideon sa tabi ko. "Bro... ang galing. Ang ganda!"

I scoffed and smirked. Yes, it was indeed beautiful. Pero ano pa bang ineexpect natin? They aren't called Muses for nothing.

"Ah! So beautiful!" Irish squealed again, and clapped her hands. "Good day! A very good day to you, my beautiful Muses. Wowie!"

"Luh, anong good day ka d'yan? Baka nakakalimot ka, ah!" singhal ni Diane, at humalukipkip.

Irish pouted, and removed her gaze from the Muses. She looked down.

"Thank you, lady. What brings you all here?" tanong ni Calliope.

Aster cleared her throat, "We are here for Mnemosyne. We wish to seek our memories—"

"She isn't here, lady of the Sun. We apologize, but our mother is not here. And we are forbidden to tell anyone about where she is."

Nagkunot-noo ako. Why is it forbidden? It's been years since we last saw Mnemosyne. Where might she be now?

Pinagmasdan ko ang galaw nila. Thalia laughed at something we don't know. Pinalo naman siya ni Melpomene. "Don't be noisy," basa ko sa bibig niya.

Clio covered herself with her book and clarion. I cocked my head sidewards to get a glimpse of her face. Her eyes widened as she was mouth-talking to somebody else.

"We can't tell them." I didn't know if that was a question or a statement. I didn't know the tone, of course.

Ako naman ngayon ang naglakas-loob magsalita, "This is urgent. If we fail to bring our memories back, then we might decide to do something wrong. We need to remember."

Tiningnan naman nila ako. Matapos ay isa-isa nila kaming pinasadahan lahat ng tingin— sabay-sabay mata nila, wuw. Ngayon naman, nagkatinginan silang lahat na tila nag-uusap sa mata.

"What? Go na?" tanong ni Calliope.

"Sure na ba 'yan?" Clio.

"Walang bawian, ah." Terpsichore.

"Hindi ba tayo malalagot?" Ourania.

"Sige na, go na, mga sis. Sabay-sabay tayong mapaparusahan ni Mama," Polymnia finally said.

"Okay, ikaw sisihin namin."

After the argument, they've finally decided. Calliope motioned us to followe her, so we did. We headed near the temple.

Lahat naman sila'y tumayo sa harapan ng templo, at lumutang ang mga paa nila mula sa lupa. Sabay-sabay silang kumanta gamit ang greek language.

Halos mapapikit ako sa ganda ng boses nila. Their voices and harmony was more beautiful and alluring than the Sirens. It was true. Nagkaroon ng kompetisyon noon ang dalawa, at nanalo ang mga Muses. As punishment, they made crowns out of Sirens' feathers.

They continued singing until an invisible barrier became visible. It glowed of pink light, and was slowly opening. At nang mabuksan nang tuluyan ang barrier, saka lamang sila tumigil.

"Phew! That was tiring!" Euterpe said.

Nagtaka naman ako. Bakit naman magkakaroon ng barrier ang templo? Are they hiding something?

They entered, and we followed them again. Napasinghap si Aster, kaya't napatingin ako sa tiningnan niya.

And my eyes slightly widened upon the sight of the Titaness of Memory, Mnemosyne, who was afloat in the middle of the temple. Golden ichor continuously flowed out of her wounds. She was pale— almost lifeless.

"What happened?" mahinang sambit ni Llyr.

Then one of the Muses answered, "She has been like that ever since she erased Xynthea from everyone's memory. It was tiring for her, and she was drained. She needed to wipe out Xynthea and Metis' existence from everyone else's eyes."

"Y-you all knew this from the start?"

The Muses turned to Aster because of her question, then they nodded. "Yes, but we were forbidden to speak so. It was a sacred promise," sagot ni Polymnia.

Calliope moved forward towards Mnemosyne, then she chanted something.

Habang ginagawa niya 'yon, mas pinaliwanag ni Erato ang kaganapan noon.

"Metis asked my mother, a favor, and since the Olympians' reign was at stake, my mother did the favor— not knowing that it will cause her this. It will take more years to recover, and if she will return all your memories, then it will take longer."

Napatingin naman ako kay Mnemosyne nang unti-unti niya nang naimulat ang mata niya. She weakly turned her head to us, and squinted her eyes to see us better.

"Who..." hindi niya na natuloy ang sasabihin niya dahil sa kahinaan niya.

"They are the Semideuses, mother. They are here to save us," sagot ni Calliope.

"Xy—" tinikom na ni Mnemosyne ang bibig niya at pumikit. She was still afloat the air.

"She is with Cronus, mother."

Then, Mnemosyne raised one of her hands. A faint golden glow was emitted.

"Let's help her," Erato said. Then the hall was filled with beautiful music. The harps, voices, flutes, lyres all played until everything became so dreamy— like a forgotten memory.

"This is the 19th of June— where it all started, ended and started once again."

The Semideus
By lostmortals
Plagiarism is a crime.

🤔

Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Thank you for reading!