Chapter Two - Then It Clicked

Start from the beginning

"She just turned up a couple of years ago, marked herself her own territory and would attack any of the pack members that entered her territory." A tired Chris answers. Chris was the Alpha of the werewolf pack, he took over when Jackson died as Hayley turned it down but she's still kept in the loop in the pack as she may not be the alpha, but she's still their queen. Klaus had figured that the wolves would know about the lone wolf, considering they were all wolves in the same area, ish.

"She?" Klaus asked, raising an eyebrow. So, it was a woman. He'd thought as much but wasn't entirely sure as normally the male wolves are the strong ones. 

"Yes, if you'd paid attention you'd know that, you know considering that you're also part wolf" Chris replies with a clenched jaw, Klaus can tell Chris still blames him for Jackson but Klaus decides to let it slide knowing that he has much more pressing matter at the moment. 

"Tell us what you know, or heads will roll," The hybrid says with a devious grin at the thought of his head rolling across the floor.

"Klaus, no one is dying today," Hayley says firmly, she was holding a grudge against the fact that if Klaus hadn't of taken Hope into the woods for a stroll then none of this would have happened. Niklaus rolls his eyes at her statement, Elijah appears to be rubbing off on her. Great, because we really need two Elijahs in the house. Niklaus thought to himself bitterly

"Just tell us what you know Chris, it's important" Hayley pleads causing  Klaus to again roll his eyes. The impatient hybrid can't help but think that it's pathetic really how she's practically begging him to talk even though she's one of the only hybrids in the world and could easily just threaten him.

"As I said, we don't know much as whenever any one of our packs come into contact wth her they usually end up dead," Chris says with a sigh and distant look in his eyes, unable to remove the image of his dead friend, Carl out of his head. Carl had been brutally torn apart by the wolf when he went into her territory after answers. Ever since Chris has sworn that he'll one day get vengeance. He then looks at Hayley before continuing "One day, another pack came to join our pack as they were driven away by vampires. They didn't know that they were crossing her territory, as they thought it was our territory. Let's just say that they never did come meet us" Chris says. 

"They all died," Hayley asks in horror.

"All of them," Chris confirms.

"How many of them were there?" Klaus asks in genuine curiosity.

"I don't know, around 20-30, it was an average sized pack," Chris says through gritted teeth, He's annoyed that Klaus is not being sympathetic towards his situation. However, Chris is not exactly surprised that he's not being sympathetic, he is after all the original hybrid. The man who cares about no-one but himself, he claims to care about his family but sometimes Chris can't help but wonder if he really does care for his daughter or if he's just using her for her power.

Niklaus isn't surprised that the wolf was able to to take down a werewolf pack, if the wolf can take down three covens of witches, then she could certainly take down one pack of average werewolves. Klaus decides that he would quite like to meet this wolf, in person this time and not in dog form.

Somewhere deep in the Bayeux

The young girl had forgotten how exhausting maintaining spells was as she continued to wander around the Bayeux. She hadn't tapped into her magic in years, she wasn't able to access her magic in her own wolf form but her witch side allowed her to be massively stronger than any normal werewolf, witch or vampire. She didn't want to shift back into her wolf just yet, as her human side of her was really wanting to explore. So she decided that she'd take the day off from being a wolf and would spend the day as a human and when the sky begins to darken, she'll shift back into a wolf and live out the rest of her life. Simple.