We stepped off slowly and the dry brown grass crunched. And a giant plie of vines appeared almost like its the body. "Thank you... We are on a journey to rescue our friend" the leaves bristled in understanding "... And we couldnt possibly ask you to follow us. She was taken.. By men in white suits" if possible, its like the vines tightened in anger. An air of understanding around it "we need to get her back. Shes our family. My precious girl. We thank you for protecting us while we were down, but this is our journey." the pile of vines almost nodded in a weird way. The ground rose to a hill and a tiny purple thing sprouted. I looked closer and saw it was a flower. A tiny flower. It floated over to me and I took it. Confused but I said thank you and put it in a tiny box for safe keeping so it wont be smushed. We turned and went on our way.

2 days later

Its been a while since the vine thing. These 2 days our resolve has only grown stronger. The prairie had ended and left us into a smaller old dirty town. Its houses were crumbling and it looked completely abandoned. We werent fooled. Still on our guard we looked around. My hairs on my neck stood on end, like something was gonna happen. Naomi screamed and I jumped into action. SCREEEEAAAAAAAACH!! There stood a beast. It looked different though. Its hair was black and it actually looked human ish.

Naomi shrieked in fear. Jerry grabbed its shoulders and tried to pull it off, it slammed her into the walls and she had her hand on its neck pushing it away so she wont get bit. It suddenly threw her away and she slammed into the ground. A hair rising CRACK and POP echoed and Naomi let go an ear splitting shriek. The beast paused and we froze. One, Naomi landed in undead remains, its blood covering her from where she fell so hard it splatted its black blood all over her. It looked long dead and we mean really dead.

I was frozen. My blood went cold as it crawled over to her, she was still screaming and shrieking and rolling around in pain. It sniffed her and I saw it still had an eye color. Its eyes flashed with recognition and I growled. My growl snapped it out of its sniffing stupor and it stared at me. It bared it surprisingly straight teeth at me and srood over her protectively. Now THAT confused me. What the FUCK?! It charged at me and tried to scratch me and bite me. I deflected it and it said something that stopped my heart for a moment.

Its voice was low and gargled and menacing "must....protect....her" and it screeeched at me. Naomi was in pain but heard it too and she looked on in shock.

Naomi P.O.V

What? Oh my GOD IT HURTS! MY KNEES HURT SO BAD! HE POPPED THEM OUT OF PLACE! Ahhhhh-what? What does he mean protect me?

I look up in pain to see this odd creature attack Kurtis and throw him back. Jerry stood there curled up in fear. A scream rose in my throat and I screamed "NOOOOOO! STOP IT! DONT HURT HIM!" the creature stopped and walked over to me. I saw something in its eyes and it slouched beside me. Like awaiting orders. I flinched waiting for an attack.

It never came.

I looked up to see its eyes, they werent as bad as the other zombie's. They were brown almost. He wasnt that far gone. His skin wasnt as black and blue, it actually looked pristine. It was kind of pale, from what she could see behind the black dirty plad shirt he wore. "What the fuuuuck?" I whispered and he gave me a dirty look, almost like he was scolding me for the curse word.

"Caaaaa-aa-mrrrrr-onnn" it tried to get out. Gargling and choking. I understood him somehow. Camron. I hears shuffling and saw Kurtis trying to get close. Camron saw this too and hissed at him, and Kurtis tensed."No! Stop, Camron, thats my friend!" I cried out. Camron shot his gaze to me, and back to Kurtis. Back and forth until Kurtis stepped forward again. I groaned in pain and Camron jumped in surprise. His eyes then showed guilt looking at my crooked legs. I patted his arm. Kurtis was by my side finally and spoke "you need to back up, we need to help her and this will hurt. I dont want you attacking us when she screams. Guard us at least if you care." Camron looked at me then at him and snorted. He got up though and Jerry snapped out of his fear transe. He came over and held my hands above my head and I held my breath. I know exactly whats gonna happen and I feel fear creep into me at this.

Curtis P.O.V

I know what I must do. I feel so much regret. That zombie, whats he tryna do? I dont get it. I looked at him as he walked around, guarding like I said. Looking back at Naomi where Jerry pinned down her hands and Ia saw fear in her eyes. She knew what will happen. I look in my bag thats next to me and find a clean shirt and shove it in her mouth. Her breathing picks up as I put my hands on her left knee. I jerked my arms and

CRACK

She shrieked into the cloth in pain. I hear a grunt and look up to see the zombie look at her in pain and at me in distrust. I straighten her leg into the dirt and straighten everything. I put my hands on her next knee and right before I jerked my arms I saw a single tear fall down her cheek

CLICK

She screamed into the shirt again, thrashing wildly. She must be in agony. I straighten her legs again and swallow my guilt. She needs to stay here or we at least find somewhere safer.

"Aye, do you know somewhere safe like a non broken house around here?" Camron looked at me almost like he was deciding to answer or not and then shook his head "no." well I took that answer then asked "are you the only dead one around here?" and at this he nodded "yes." I sighed in relief. I began to set up camp wordlessly and Jerry followed my lead. Naomi just layed there passed out from the pain. She was pale and I tried not to worry.

Finally we set up camp, Camron sitting next to Naomi like a body guard and Jerry and I just tried to relax. We knew we were gonna be here a while until she got better. Well shit.