Chapter 27- Leave

Chapter 27- Leave

"Wait, Wyatt!" I shout and hesitantly glace at Ash. He nods and I immediately run out the room, going back into ours.

Everything went so fast. It was all okay and then, suddenly, it all fell apart.

When I walk into the room, I see him just standing and looking at the floor. He looks hurt but there is nothing to tell it except his eyes, the look in his eyes makes him look broken.

I shouldn't have done any of this. I wasn't thinking about anyone else when I did this. It was so selfish of me.

"Wyatt, listen," I start and he looks up at me, not saying a word. His eyes are slightly glossy but the rest of his face is emotionless and cold. "I'm sorry." I whisper.

Sorry is never enough, but right now it's all I have.

He nods and smiles softly, looking down at the ground again, so he doesn't have to look at me, "It's okay."

"It's okay?" I repeat his words. This is far from okay, I would have never imagined myself trying to hurt Wyatt. "No, it's not, I-"

He cuts me off, "I said it's okay. I-I still... I still love you."

He purses his lips and goes silent for a moment, "I made a mistake. I love you, and that will never be a mistake. The mistake was thinking that... Maybe you'd love me too." He laughs, but I can see his sadness hidden behind it.

It's not easy to hide pain, but the best way to try is behind a smile.

"Wyatt," I whisper. I want him to scream at me and shout and tell me how much he hates me so that I can feel what he is feeling but he's not doing anything. He's okay with the fact that I used him. "I used you-"

"I'm used to it," he states sharply, like it's a fact.

I didn't think those would be the words that broke my heart but they did. I could feel the strings in my heart being slowly pulled apart, and he wasn't even doing anything.

"Why aren't you mad? Why aren't you screaming?" I ask. It's a stupid question and I shouldn't want him to be but it's better then seeing him with a mask on.

"I'm hurt, Coral. Of course I am. I'm human and I love you, and it hurts. I'm not going to scream and tell you I hate you. I've told you this before and I'll say it again; I would never hurt you, not even with words," he tells me and closes his eyes, taking in deep a breath.

"Please scream at me. I just need something. You can't keep it in," I beg, shaking my head. His kindness is killing me, way more than anything else he could have done.

He called me Coral.

"You are always responsible for how you act, no matter what you're feeling. I don't want to be the reason your heart is broken, even if you broke mine," Wyatt whispers the last part like it physically hurt him to say it.

I don't know what to do. I can't just give him flowers and ice cream. I apologized but it meant nothing, even I could see that. The fact that he is being nice just makes it so much worse. It makes me so much worse.

"Can you just go back to Ash. I don't mind anymore, I just don't want to be alone," Wyatt states and I frown. Did I hear him right?

"If you don't want to be alone then I can stay with you," I offer, stepping closer to him.

"N-no, please," he goes silent for a moment, "You're here... But I've never felt more alone." His voice is slightly shakey.

He points to the door, "Please," he whispers and looks up at me.

I see a tear slowly fall down his cheek, making me completely stop in my tracks.

You're crying. You really like him.

The words he said when I was crying over Ash ring through my head on repeat, making me close my eyes.

He really liked me.

Out of everything, I wouldn't have expected this. He is hiding the pain and pushing me away so he can let it out alone.

He turns away from me, wiping the tear off his cheek, "Just go, Coral. I'll get down on my knees and beg if I have to, please?"

I nod silently and leave, shutting the door behind me.

It's not that I wanted to leave, I just couldn't hurt him more than I already have. I knew that if I stayed I would hurt him even more than if I left.

*=*=*=*

I hate Wyatt being hurt. It even hurts to write it *cries*

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k     

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG