Chapter 22- Effect

Chapter 22- Effect

I sigh and fall into my chair, waiting for my Accounting teacher to arrive. A huge weight just feels like it's been pulling me down, and it begun the moment our principal gave us our exam timetables.

What if I fail? We write in July, as soon as we come back from our holidays. I'm freaking out and I don't even have a reason to yet.

I mean, I've been studying quite well and now that I'm not really with Ash or any other boy, I have time to focus on what's important.

It's the only reason I'm here in the first place. I can't leave this place without a letter of recommendation.

I'm pretty sure the stuff I'm learning in this school is university level stuff but at least it's not all a repeat of last year.

This school is stupid because why would they hire me? I know I did well in school but the teachers here are on a whole new level. I feel so basic.

My eyes slowly scan the classroom. Ash is sitting at the back and texting. Ew, why is he smiling?

Don't be jealous, hoe.

I take my eyes off Ash, and turn to look at Cole who is also on his phone. Ed is sitting at the back with Ash, and he is just breaking pieces of his eraser and throwing the pieces at Cole who doesn't notice the stuff getting stuck in his hair.

I chuckle and then turn to face Jason, who is sitting next to me and playing noughts and crosses by himself.

"I win." He fists pumps the air and I roll my eyes.

"How on earth did you do that?" I ask, sarcastically.

"Skills," he whispers under his breath and I laugh.

He looks up from his note pad and winks at me, but any reply from me is interrupted by the teacher walking in.

"Take out your textbooks and do exercise eight to twelve," she tells us and then sits in her seat, throwing her feet up onto her desk.

Damn, this school is the epitome of prestige. I roll my eyes at my thoughts and quickly get my book out, doing as told.

*=*=*=*

I walk into my dorm room after all of my classes have finished. I have never been so glad that it's Monday, because Monday means that I don't have to tutor. I feel so drained from classes. I honestly don't think I would have survived.

Wyatt is lying on his bed with his earphones on. He doesn't notice me and so I take it as an opportunity.

Aim. I lift my weapon of choice.

Target. I move it behind me, preparing to throw.

Fire! The pillow lands straight on his head.

"Hey!" Wyatt whines and pulls out his earphones, pouting at me.

I glare at him. "That's for waking me up every morning to make me smile, dumbass. I'm losing precious sleep because of you."

Wyatt chuckles and throws the pillow back at me. "Hey, I'll move out if you want. I can just go to Jason. I know you'll miss me too much, though," he says and grins.

"Please, more space for me. Buh bye," I stick my tongue out and him and he puts a hand on his chest, feigning hurt.

"Coco, I am offended," he jokes then huffs and turns to face away from me.

"Aww, my baby," I coo and crawl onto his bed, wrapping my arms around him.

"Don't 'my baby' me. You're mine, if anything," he states, like it's a fact.

I chuckle and lean down to Wyatt's ear, "Bullshit."

He turns, and in a matter of a few seconds, he has me pinned down on his bed, right under him.

"What, I didn't hear you?" Wyatt says and smirks, leaning his face down slightly.

"I... Um..." Wait, what did I say again?

"Hmm?" His eyes glance down at my lips, before quickly moving back up.         

Don't kiss him, Coral. You've kissed him three times now!

Hm, maybe it's time for a new plan...

I stare down at his lips, letting the room fall into silence.

"I-I said, that um, what you said about me being yours is-"

Wyatt leans all the way down and places a kiss on my neck. I shut my mouth, my eyes wide in surprise.

A simple kiss on the neck shouldn't feel that good.

Wyatt laughs, "You so liked that."

I scoff and put my hands against Wyatt's chest, futilely trying to push him off me. "No," I look up into his swirling blue eyes. "You don't effect me at all."

"Not at all?" he gently bites my lip and my heart starts racing.

Okay, fuck it. Time for plan two.

I lean up and gently kiss Wyatt, making sure to keep it slow so that he wants more.

If plan one didn't work, I'm going to have to do something even worse. I'm going to have to make Ash want me, and jealousy is the best way to do so.

*=*=*=*

*face palm* Honestly, I can't deal with this girl, but this has to happen to start more drama ;) What kind of boring story would it be if she just got with Wyatt and that was the end of it?

Or maybe that's just me, because dramatic characters are the best, they're fucking funny when they're touched.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG