Chapter 3: Princess and the Peasant

Почніть із самого початку

Before you knew it, your eyelids had started growing heavier, and soon, they fully closed, sending you into a mini nap.

"Hey," Jimin calls out, expecting you to reply, but you didn't.

"Did she just fall asleep?" He questions himself as he continues shaking you in an attempt to wake you up.

"Don't tell me she died on me," he lets out a small gasp at your lack of response.

"You aren't getting rid of me that easily," you mutter, freeing one of your hands to rub your eyes.

Jimin lets out a small chuckle, wondering how cute your voice could be after just taking a nap for a few minutes.

"My house is the one right in front," she replies, resuming her original position to nap.

"You need to give me the key so I can take you inside, you know that right?" He states in an as-a-matter-of-factly voice.

You grumble, "Just take me to the doorstep, I'll open it myself."

He does exactly so, walking towards your house and putting you down at the doorstep so you could open the door.

He had one hand holding your waist, making sure you wouldn't fall over in your sleepy state, which you almost did as soon as you opened the door.

He huffed, pulling you closer as he sneaked a hand under your knees, lifting you bridal-style, "Where's your room, princess?"

You avert your eyes up at him, a certain softness held within your gaze.

Jimin almost swooned.

"Upstairs, third door on your right," you mumble, laying your head against his chest.

You could hear the faint thumping of Jimin's own heartbeat. But... it was beating abnormally, which you found weird, but didn't pay much attention to it as you felt too tired.

Jimin released a shaky breath before walking towards your room. He stood beside your bed, gently laying you down.

The lack of warmth that you received from Jimin's body was now gone, making you shiver.

He slipped your shoes off, pulling the covers over your form. As he was about to walk away, your fingers grasped his wrists.

He stopped, turning back to look at you, but your eyes were already closed. He released a sigh, tucking your hands to your sides before walking out of the room.

Hey, honey. I won't be back home until late. One of my friends is throwing a party for some reunion thing. There's dinner in the fridge if you're hungry,

Love, Mum.

Jimin read the note on the fridge. He couldn't possibly leave you alone while you were injured and your Mum was out, who probably didn't know what happened at school today.

Who knows what sort of other injuries you might sustain whilst being home alone.

The only solution was for Jimin to stay until your Mum comes back home.

Guess the peasant will make himself feel at home in the princess's humble abode.

. . .

You groan, opening your eyes and letting them adjust to your surroundings.

Wait.

You sit up straight.

When did it get dark?

How did I reach my house?

How did I get into bed?

Your eyebrows furrowed together as you try to think of an answer to your questions, but it was all blank.

Your bedroom door suddenly opened, heat immediately spreading throughout your body.

"Oh man, holy shi-"

. . .

Edited

A/N: Hehe, a cliffhanger. Lol, I missed cliffhangers. Your Author-nim is so nice :) hehe.

But anyways, the next edited chapter will be coming soon. I didn't want to change many things from the original book as I wanted it to be in the edited version.

But, I felt the need that the chapters have to be made longer, so there may be some confusion and just a few teeny tiny scene changes. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Until next time!

- Nabi