Chapter 25:

Vote in the comments! I need to know your opinion! Should I use Kierra Cass's original design for Americas wedding dress or should I use a dress from online. Help?!

I pulled the door open before Maxon could even knock.

"Don't make me!" I pleaded as he strolled in.

"America," he sighed. "You are going shop—"

"No. don't say the s word," I interrupted.

"You mean shopping?"

"No you said it!" I sat on his lap and leaned back dramatically. "I won't make it."

"Normal girls live to go shopping," he stated.

"I'm not normal," I pouted. "I don't wanna go."

"What if I came along?" I looked up. I was intrigued by the idea.

"I don't think Valarie would like that," I stared sadly.

"I could care less about what val likes."

"Okay. Come along. I'll see you then."

He nodded and I hopped off his lap. He walked out shutting the door behind him.

Maxon might be coming but I was still going shopping. And I was going to make sure his shopping day was miserable.

~oOo~

I was chatting with Marlee. She was worried about the casualness of her outfit. She was wearing elegant gloves to cover her scars but she didn't know any casual outfits to wear with them.

I walked into my closet and pulled out a pair of skin tight leather gloves. They would look good with a dark colored loose casual dress. She grabbed then thankfully and ran out the door to get ready.

I sat on my bed with a book to relax.

"America!" Valerie yelled as she bursted into the room. "We found the perfect dress!"

I looked at the dress and me eyes widened. The bottom layer was a black lace that peeped out just a bit from underneath the top layer, at the top and bottom of the dress. The top layer was a black and red plaid pattern. The dress was casual and very pretty, but that's not what about it would make maxons day hell. The dress was short. Very short. And ended only a couple inches above my mid thigh. It would normally be considered improper, but the dress was just casual enough that it didn't seem so. It was perfect.

"With......these," Mary set down some 5.....maybe 6 inch deep red heels.

They shoved the items into my awaiting arms and pushed me into the bathroom. I pulled on the dress and had to resist the urge to pull it down every other second. I slipped the heels on and stumbled as I tried to walk in them. I grabbed the wall for support and stumbled out of the room.

It was completely silent as I strutted (stumbled) into the room. My maids and Valerie just stared. It was making me slightly uncomfortable. Did I not look good in the dress. Should I take it off.

I turned to do just that when I was stopped.

"America!" Val yelled. "Where are you going?!"

"Well I just thought......." I trailed off.

"No!" She exclaimed. "You look amazing! Your gonna knock him dead."

I bit my lip. "I don't know."

"America the dress isn't even that bad. When you go out in public no ones even gonna notice the dress. But Maxon will. He's used to seeing you in very conservative, long, and fancy dresses. This is just different for him."