Chaoter 18

"Truce?" I said holding out my hand.

"Truce," Maxon agreed.

He grabbed me, dipped me, and kissed me lightly on the lips.

He pulled away. "I missed you," he sighed.

"I didn't go anywhere," I laughed.

He kissed me lightly. "You know what I mean."

I nodded. "What shall we do today?" I laughed grabbing his hand.

"Well we could hang out with May," he said.

"May went home a couple days ago," I said sadly.

"You are right. But she went home to get the rest if your family," He laughed.

"Are you kidding me!" I screamed. "I love you so much. Where are they?"

"They should be arriving soon," Maxon said. "We should probably get changed. I'm covered in spaghetti and I just hugged you. By the way, you love ok amazing in that dress, to bed it's ruined."

I looked down at her dress. "It's a new collection of dresses my maids made. There is more where this came."

I kissed him goodbye and walked to my room. I put on a black and gold dress. The bottom was black ruffles with golden accents. A gold belt. The bodice was a black and gold chevron pattern. It was elegant and beautiful. It was exactly how I wanted my mother and family to see me.

Lucy and Anne came and did my hair in a milkmaid braid, while Mary did my makeup in a smoky eye with gold accents.

There was a swift knock on my door and I pulled it open. Maxon stood there in a more formal suit then normal. I took his arm and bid goodbye to my maids.

"You look beautiful," he whispered In my ear.

I smiled at him. "And you look absolutely dashing."

I gave him a quick kiss.

But I immediately forgot him when I saw my moms gentle blue eyes and mays fiery red hair. I squealed and brought my family into a tight hug.

"Baby you look beautiful," my mom gushed tears clear in her eyes.

"Don't cry mom," I laughed. And wiped the tears from her eyes. "You wouldn't want the prince to see you with your mascara running."

She gasped and turned to where Maxon was. She vowed. "Your majesty."

"Maxon!" May yelled and broke away from our group hug, and gathering Maxon into another one.

"May!" My mom gasped. "That is no way to treat our royalty."

"It is absolutely fine, Mrs. Singer," Maxon assured mom and moved on to the rest of my family.

He approached dad. "Mr. Singer," he said and gave my dad a firm shake.

"Please call me Shalom, your majesty," my dad told Maxon.

"Only if you call me Maxon."

He proceeded to kiss Kenna's hand, give May another hug and pent down to give Gerad a high five. After that he went and wrapped his arm around my waist. I blushed.

"You two are so cute together," Kenna laughed.

I hid my crimson cheeks in the crook of Maxon's neck.

"Aw!" Mom sighed. "She's blushing. Now Maxon has she sang for you?"

I snapped my head up with wide eyes. I had not and wasn't planning on singing for Maxon. I knew I was a good singer but that was the past. I'm a two now. I'm a fighter now.

I untangled myself from Maxon's arm and glared at mom. Maxon looked at me. "No she has not. I didn't know you could sing America."

"Well I used to be a five," I reminded him sheepishly.

"But I always assumed you were an artist like your father," Maxon said. "Will you sing for me?"

So I told the truth. "I haven't sang in months. I'll be no good."

"Of course you'll be good," May laughed.

"Once a singer, always a singer," mom agreed.

"Stars shining bright above you," May began. "Night seems to whisper I love you."

"Birds singing in the sycamore tree," mom joined in. "Dream a little dream of me."

I sighed and joined in. "Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you. Sweet dreams leave worries behind you. In your dream, whatever they be. Dream a little dream of me."

Their was clapping around me and suddenly I realized I was singing alone. And King Clarkson, Queen Amberley, Prince James, and Valerie had joined us.

"That was beautiful, lady America," King Clarkson smiled.

"Thank you your majesty," I said kindly.

"I'll sing for you Maxon," I whispered in his ear. "Just not now. I wrote you a song."

He smiled proudly at him and he stared into my eyes. I would of kissed him if we didn't have an audience. I just stated into the chocolate brown circles that our his eyes. I faintly heard whispering in the background but I tried to ignore them

"What are they doing?" My mom whispered.

"Sometimes they get lost into each other's eyes," Valerie replied. "They do it very often."

"They are so adorable!" May chirped.

We both sighed. Knowing the moment was over. We turned to our families and they all smiled at us. I pointed my head to May and then the direction of the indoor pool. He nudged his head to Valerie then the pool. I smiled and we nodded are heads in understandings.

I started to zero in on May and Maxon on Valerie. I swooped May up in my arms and ran off with her. Maxon on my tail. We reached the pull room (yes they have a pool room) After about 5 minutes of May and Val screaming.

We reached the edge and they tried to plead with us. "I'm sorry America," May pleaded. "Please don't do it! I'm sorry for breaking your guitar at home."

"You what!?" I screeched.

"Oh. I never told you about that," she whispered.

"No!" I screamed. "This is for Liona." I said and then dropped her in and turned my attention to Val.

"This is for the prank war," I said matter of factory.

"But Maxon was in the prank war too!" She tried to reason.

"But Maxon's my boyfriend," I said and signaled for Maxon to drop her. And he did.

We hopped away leaving 2 dripping wet and very angry girls.