chapter 20

*Brae's POV* 

The drive home was quiet. You could feel the tension from a mile away. Nobody talked and  I looked out the Window the whole way home. I think everyone was thinking about what happened and they didn't want to talk or they hate me and don't want to talk to me anymore. either or. I would hate me if i found out about this.

I feel bad for not telling them about me having diabetes but i didn't want them to think i was weak so i hid it and done it all myself. I'm actually surprised they didn't catch on sooner, considering i got the way i did today quite alot. 

We got home and my brothers went in first with me avoiding entering the house. I knew they would be disappointed and angry and I really don't want to be the one to have to deal with it, although it is my fault. 

I walked through the door, quietly closing the door behind me.

 "Brae, Get in here!" Adam shouts from the living room. I do as told and enter the room, my brothers whispering back and forth between them, i could hear it was about this. 

"you going to explain what happened at school" he ordered. I placed my bag on the floor and walked over to the only empty seat available, at the back of the room, away from everyone but somewhere that they can hear me. 

"i...eh.... i had a hypo" I stated. 

"and why did you have a hypo?" He interrogated. 

"because i have type 1 diabetes and my blood sugar was too low" I said loud enough for him to hear me. 

"why didn't we know about you having diabetes?" He said. 

" I asked mum not to tell yous" i whispered. i know where this is going. unfortunately. and i know the results of it. 

"and why did you ask mum not to?" he asked. everyone was extremely quiet as i was being interrogated. 

"erh.... i cant tell you" i whispered again and avoided all eye contact, to scared to look at their disappointed faces. 

"AND WHY CANT YOU TELL US" Adam shouts, telling me his angry. 

I shoot out of my seat. "Because i don't want you to think i'm weak" i growl. 

"why would we think you are weak?" Kai asks sounding concerned. 

"because i have fuckin' diabetes, meaning i'm not as perfect as everyone thinks i am" i said. and briskly made my way to my room. 

i slam my door and walk over to my guitar and play. 

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion  

I feel the bed dip in 2 places and 2 other voices join in. i hear people sitting on the floor around us. 

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
Everybody's worried about me
In too deep
Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
And it's been two years I miss my home
But there's a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
Wrecking balls inside my brain
I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
On the ocean
Sending big waves
Into motion
Like how a single word
Can make a heart open
I might only have one match
But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Know I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Once its done i look at Nick and Adam. and sigh. 

I look up at the rest of brothers to see them already looking at me. 

"I'm sorry, i should have told you" i admit. "yes, you should have. but why do you feel like we would think you are weak?" Nick's voice was soft and gentle like he was talking to a baby. how do i explain this? "erm... because it makes me weak, and people think i'm perfect which i'm not" i say vaguely, not telling the whole truth. "Brae, no one expects you to be perfect all the time, we love you for you, even if you have diabetes, it doesn't stop us from loving you" Kai says. 

"We weren't born to be perfect we were born to be real" Miles quotes. I giggle because i know he got that from tumblr and because he always uses quotes in these kind of situations.

"thanks guys and i'm really sorry" i say softly. gosh i love my brothers. 

"its ok brae but promise to tell us if something like this happens again, and promise not to keep secrets from us" Adam negotiates. I've already broken one promise. 

"thats fair"... "I love you guys" i say and hug Nick and Adam. "we love you too" and i get tackled by the big lumps i call my brothers.

"Guys!" no answer "guys! get off! I'm gonna pass out" i yell. and my brothers scurry off muttering a sorry.  I giggle. what do i have for brothers, honestly. 

"i need to take a shower, so goodbye, adios, get out."i push my brothers out. 

"brae can i talk to you" Elijah asks before i close the door. "sure, what is it?"

"Why were you glaring at Bridget?" he asks look me in the eyes. my eyes widen as i realise what he said. oh shit, he saw that, fuck, now what am i gonna say. 

"ermmm" i think. 

"Dont lie to me Brae." he snarls. oh shit, i cant lie for shit. 

"i cant tell you, it will cause to much trouble"i look down at my feet. 

"Brae tell me this instant" he growls, what is he a dog?

i sigh in defeat "erh we might want to get the others for this" he nods and exits my room with me trailing behind. This day just keeps getting better. First the badboys find out my secret and then i have a hypo at school causing my brothers to find out about my diabetes. and now this, just fuckin' great. This is the best day of my life. note the sarcasm. 

_______________________________________________________

word count 1172

 hope you enjoyed reading. 

please vote and comment what you thought. it would be amazing to hear what yous think. thanks.