Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Brae's POV*

Last night after everyone left I went to sleep, and hoped for a dreamless night but unfortunately my dreams were haunted by the accident. The same dream, I've been having for the past 4 years. The same dream that wakes me up drenched in sweat and waking up my brothers with my screams.

Except this dream was mixed with the man that tried to rape me and I didn't scream when I woke, I just sobbed but not loud enough to wake anyone.

After sobbing for a few minutes, I decided to go for a shower. The shower was warm and soothing, whenever I was in the shower I always feel like my pain and sorrow fade, but when I step out, the pain and sorrow come back in a wave and hits me all at once.

Anyway... I washed my hair after  just standing with my forehead against the tiles, contemplating life. Then washed my body with a pink shower gel that I got from Lush.

Once I was done it was 6:35 and I had to stay up and get ready for school. It still hurt to walk, but no as much as last night. I walked into my room and looked at myself in the full-body mirror. To say I looked bad is an understatement, I looked worse than my cooking and I can't cook to save my life.  My body was covered in a purple blue colour, there was hardly any white skin. My back was just as bad, down bruises were shaped like hearts or squares and some were just a shapeless monstrosity.

After I got dressed in Black sweatpants and a cropped Adidas jumper, I painfully made my way downstairs for breakfast. I was starving.

^Brae's clothes^

^Brae's clothes^

6 brothers were downstairs stuffing their faces, and I'm guessing the other 5 were still getting ready. "Morning" I said as I entered. Everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at me with sorrowful eyes.

"What's wrong?" I hesitantly asked. It could be about my appearance. The bruises to be exact, I tried to cover the ones on my face.

"Baby.... you look terrible" Kai said as he got up and hugged me. It hurt a little, I winced and he pulled back, looked down at me with tears in his eyes.

"I know but there is nothing we can do about it" I sighted, there really wasn't anything that can be done.

"The offer is still there. You don't have to go to school" Adam said as handed me my yogurt and water.

"I know, but I want to. I don't want to mope around here. And think about it. I want to be distracted." I replied to his generous offer.

"Ok, B-B but if there is any problems then you can come home, just text me and I will pick you up, ok?" I nodded.

I sat down at the kitchen island and ate my food. 3 minutes later, and the rest of the my loving brothers joined us at the island. Each brother gave me a kiss on the top of the head before going to their seat. It was sweet but they do it every morning.

-

"Let's go!" I cheered as I grabbed my bag.
"You can still off" Elijah offered.
"Nope. Now let's go" I said popping the 'p'.

We filed into the car. Elijah, Blake, Jake, Noah & Miles in the back with Wyatt & I in the front.
It was quiet until I plugged in my phone, I decided to listen to My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay.

"Well if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say
I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way
For all the dirty looks
For photographs your boyfriend took
Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor?" I sang, bobbing my head to the beat.

" I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out" Elijah joined.

"What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems? (I'm not okay)
I told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means
To be a joke and look
Another line without a hook
I held you close as we both shook for the last time
Take a good hard look
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
You wear me out
Forget about the dirty looks
The photographs your boyfriend took?
You said you read me like a book, but the pages all are torn and frayed"

I stopped while my brothers sang the next verse.

"I'm okay
I'm okay
I'm okay, now
(I'm okay, now)" My Brothers sang.

"But you really need to listen to me
Because I'm telling you the truth
I mean this
I'm okay (trust me)
I'm not okay
I'm not okay
Well, I'm not okay
I'm not o-fucking-kay
I'm not okay
I'm not okay (okay)" we finished.

Once the song had finished we burst into laughter as Wyatt drove into the school parking lot.
Here come the whispers.

I took a deep breath, "you can do this Brae" I muttered to my self.

I got the car and everyone turned to me as someone gasped. Soon enough everyone was whispering about me.

"What happened to her"
"Oh my god, she looks like shit" etc. Were just a few of the whispers I heard as I entered the school building and headed to my locker.
-

"Hey, Brae, how's-" Emily cut her self off when I turned to her.  She gasped, "what the fuck happened?" She hissed.
"I can't tell you here" I said looking down.
"B you look terrible. Hey guys" she greeted Ryan and Harper, I turned to them and they gasped, "what happened to your face?" They said in unison.

"Follow me" I walked into an empty class room.

I sat on a desk, they did this same. "Ok, explain" Emily instructed.

"Erm... so last night, I went for a walk... I was on my way home when some drunk man approached me" I paused.

"He tried to..... rape me.." I paused when they gasped.

"Oh my, Brae I'm so sorry" Emily cooed as she hugged me.

"Brae.... come here" I did as instructed and went to the twins.

They enveloped me in a bear hug, I winced and just like with Kai they pulled away.

Ryan wiped away a tear that escaped. "I know it hurts mentally and physically. But you will be ok" Harper said, as he kissed my forehead.

Emily, Ryan & Harper are family. They mean everything to me. They have been there for me for everything they know about. God I love these guys.

----------------------------------
Word count - 1135

Heh so I hope you are enjoying my story.

Comment/vote if you enjoyed. thank you.