I

Cars honked, lights blared, people yelled and music blasted. Welcome to New York City. It was a late Fall night, and all of Lin's friends were rapping and singing to Oak's IPhone that was plugged into Leslie's car. Lin knew the song; but he was in no mood to sing.

Lin and his two year girlfriend Vanessa had split up. He loved her, but she fell for someone else. His friends knew he was hit hard by the breakup, and they decided a night out to get drinks was the best way to help.

Lin objected, and Anthony did at first, too. Nut Oak, Daveed, and Leslie thought it was a great plan, and while Lin and Anthony were outnumbered, they agreed and headed to the 'Spiked Angel' bar and nightclub.

When it was ten past eleven, Leslie parked his car next to the building and they all got out- Lin last. Anthony and Daveed pulled him by his arms into the building, Leslie and Oak following. Music blared in the background, most people were either on the dance floor or chatting up the bartender for a free drink.

Daveed and Leslie instantly ran to the dance floor, leaving Oak, Anthony, and Lin by themselves admiring the bar. They stood around checking the place out, but Anthony's eyes focused on one of the cute girls across from them. She was a short girl, long brown hair with a black mini-skirt, grey crop top and black heels.

"You seein' what I'm seein'?" Anthony asked over the loud music.
"If you're seein' the cute dark girl with the light-skinned one, then hell yeah," Oak agreed while starring at the girl next to her. She was as darker girl with her black hair in a ponytail, ripped jeans and a red sleeveless crop top and red think heels.

"Bet fifteen bucks I can get her number in under ten minutes," Anthony said while hitting Oak on the arm.

They both shook on it, and headed for the girls. Lin watched as his friends started chatting up the two beautiful girls, Anthony was flirting instantly, and Oak looked like he was actually trying to start a conversation.

Lin sighed to himself, and looked around for the most unoccupied space- which was surprisingly the bar. He pushed himself to the bar, and sat down at the end with an empty seat next to him. When the bartender came over, Lin ordered his favorite- a Mojito. The bartender nodded and left to start making his drink, leaving Lin to his thoughts of him and Vanessa.

Within five minutes, the bar tender came back and placed the drink in front of him. While he was pulling out his wallet, a girl came over and basically threw herself next to him on the empty chair. He looked over, the girl looked his age, maybe younger. She was an Asian girl with dark brown hair pinned behind her and brown eyes. Her makeup was done, and she looked beautiful. Her dress was very short and a light blue color.

"Lemon Drop with... Like, six shots of Vodka," she ordered, the bartender motioned Lin to wait a minute and headed to go and make the girls drink.

Lin tried not to look at the girl. She had clearly had a few drinks prior. But, Lin saw her look at him out of the corner of his eye, and she looked him up and down and smiled. She seemed to like what she saw.

"Hey," she said over the music. Lin looked over at her, she was smiling.
"Hi," Lin said back.
"Pippa," she replied, Lin raised an eyebrow. "My name. Phillipa. Call me Pippa."
Lin shook the hand she held out for him to shake. "Lin-Manuel, just call me Lin."
"Lin. I like that," she smiled, the bar tender came over and put the drink in front of Pippa.

Pippa reached for her purse, but Lin put out his hand to stop her. He slide a twenty to the bartender and told him to keep the change. He didn't care how much it was.

"You didn't have to do that," Pippa smiled.
"I wanted to," Lin responded as he sipped his drink, Pippa did the same.
"You look... Like, depressed, dude. What's going on?" Pippa asked.

At this point, Lin had two choices. Tell Pippa he wasn't interested and make the only person around that looked like she genuinely had an interest in him and make the rest of the conversation awkward, or tell her what he had been wanting to vent about sense it happened to the person he probably see again.

"My girlfriend of a good two years broke up with me a few days ago," Lin summed up, Pippa's eyes became softer. "I loved her. I really did. But, fuck... How do you just move on from that?"

"I relate," Pippa said as she took a sip from her drink. "My fiance, Mason, was cheating on me. I know, huh? We were engaged and he found someone better." Pippa scoffed. "People don't understand when to love someone who loves you and when to love someone who just wants sex from you."
"Exactly! My girlfriend- Um, my ex-girlfriend, is already with someone else," Lin corrected.
"Tell me about it. My ex? Been with two girls sense we ended it," Pippa agreed, then she sipped her drink, and they continued to rant for at least twenty minutes.

Lin liked Pippa. He liked her laugh and smile and how he felt he could open up to her. She was nice and king and she seemed like she had a interest in Lin himself. Twenty minutes passed, and they both continued ranting about their ex's and ordering drinks. None of the guys had bother to come talk to Lin, but he didn't mind. He liked talking to Pippa.

"This might be the Margarita's talking, but... You wanna, like, get out of here?"

Lin didn't know if he was too drunk, too sad, or too distracted by Pippa's beauty, but that night, he hailed a taxi and spent the night with Phillipa Soo, who he had barley known for an hour.