"Abi, what are you talking about? It's me" I whisper.

"Stop it with your mind tricks!" Abigail screams furiously "I know it's you Slyder, enough!" She shouts, spit flying out her mouth as she glares at me with a look that would make grown men wet their pants, but I know Abigail, so of course this hurts much more than it does scare me.

"Abigail I swear it's me, how can I prove it?" I insist.

"You can't!" Abigail growls.

I wrack my brain as I try to think of something, anything that would prove I'm Kamaria and not Slyder.

"Uh when you were ten years old, you stole your sisters' bike even though she told you not to use it because you had already broken yours. You ended up scrapping your knee after falling off, you got a pebble stuck in your leg but you didn't want to get in trouble for stealing her bike. So instead of saying anything you put a band aid over it and covered it up. After a few days you took off your band aid to see only skin. You thought the pebble was gone but really your skin had sealed over it, now you have a pebble that you play with in your knee when you're nervous" I say quickly hoping she would believe it was me. At first Abigail is stunned, she looks like she's going to believe me, but then she shakes her head "so you stalked me all my life, nice to know" Abigail hisses stoically.

I sigh and run a hand down my face.

Suddenly I remember something that Abigail told me, something she told me and me only, something only I would know.

"Last year, March 22, 2016 you got an abortion" I state the words flowing out as I remembered the one thing that I knew she'd have to believe.

At this Abigail takes a sharp intake of breath "Beth?" Abigail whispers, still just a little skeptical. "It's me Abi, I've come to save you" I declare as a tear slides down my cheek.

I walk forward and crouch down so that I'm eye level with Abigail, I stare into her eyes, begging her to believe me.

Abigail's eyes fill with a light hope "oh my God, it's really you, isn't it?" She whispers.

"Yes" I wrap her into a tight hug, holding her as she begins sobbing "oh my God Beth you have no idea how much I've missed you. Whoever this Slyder guy is, he's...he's horrible. He just kept beating me and torturing me over and over again saying that Kamaria needs to learn a lesson. I don't even know who Kamaria is, or what she has to do with me" Abigail sobs.

I quickly unstrap Abigail from the chair and pull her up into a tight hug, but I immediately stop when I hear her wincing in pain.

"Sorry" I apologize pulling away "I don't even care, I'm just so happy to see you" Abigail cries.

"I haven't seen you in so freaking long. I wasn't sure how much longer I could last. I kept telling myself that you'd come and save me, but after sixteen days, well, I had lost all hope" Abigail divulges.

I suddenly freeze, my whole body stiffening as I digest what she just said. "Oh I think you lost track of days, it's been a little less than a week" I correct.

Abigail pulls back and looks at me with confusion "no, sixteen days I'm sure of it. Slyder would give me one meal a day, always in the morning. So when he gave me a meal, I would scratch the arm of my chair, see?" She explains as she walks forward and points to the sixteen marks on the chair.