XXX : Kings and Queens of Narnia

Start from the beginning

"What are you thinking?" A voice called out from the entrance to her room and Elizabeth turned to find the voice that was speaking to her. She was greeted with a dark black haired boy standing at her double doors that were wide open. Lilith must have left the doors open when she left, or even perhaps Susan and Lucy when they had come in a moment ago to check out Elizabeth's dress to see how it compared to their own. But she didn't expect this visitor.

"I'm not really sure if I'm being honest. Kind of a mixture of things I suppose," Elizabeth said with a small smile as she held her hands in front of her lap and looked back at herself in the mirror as she bit her lip. "I don't even know who I am."

Edmund smiled as he entered her room and sat down on the edge of her bed. "Well, I think you look beautiful," he said happily as she turned to face him with a bit of an annoyed look.

"You're just saying that because I look like this right now," she sighed at the boy but Edmund gave her a confused look as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I think you looked pretty before," he said and Elizabeth felt the heat rushing to her cheeks as she looked at the boy. Edmund stood off the bed and walked over to her and looked into the mirror while Elizabeth continued to look at him. "You don't need to be all dressed up like this to look beautiful to me."

Elizabeth felt her heart beat faster as she continued to look at Edmund standing next to her. Was he serious? She couldn't quite explain it but for some reason, she felt like she was experiencing synesthesia as she looked at Edmund. She felt like her heart was tightening and she was brimming with happiness, stupid happiness, as Edmund stood beside her. What was happening to her? She never acted or felt like this. Was something wrong with her?

As she looked at Edmund she began to squint at his hair. The way the light was shining on it, made it look . . . different. "What?" Edmund asked, feeling her stare at him and turned to face her. Elizabeth's face blushed big time when he looked at her and quickly looked away from him.

"Um nothing," she exclaimed as she looked back at herself in the mirror beginning the redness in her cheeks to go down.

Edmund stared at her with a smile forming on his face while he waited until she finally turned back to face him and she motioned to his hair. "Um . . . you have . . . brown hair," she said as she looked at his hair. "I've never noticed before."

Edmund let out a gentle laugh as she said this and Elizabeth gave a small smile when she heard Edmund laugh. She felt like she was smiling so crazily that her face was going to crack. When she was with Edmund she felt so happy. Even though she was just standing next to him, she felt like nothing could have been better than this moment, just standing with him.

Aslan entered the room and cleared his throat so that Edmund turned around and he and Elizabeth were looking at the lion. "You should probably head downstairs and help Peter get ready," Aslan told Edmund with a smile.

"Of course," Edmund said giving the lion a small bow as he turned to Elizabeth and picked up her hand. "Your Majesty," he smiled at her as he pulled her hand to his face and gently kissed the top of her hand. She blushed all over again as Edmund then turned and left the room to join his brother.

"What's up with you?" Aslan asked as he walked over to the blonde and Elizabeth shook her head with a frown as she turned back towards the mirror.

The two stood quietly for a moment until Elizabeth let out a sigh and turned back to Aslan. "I'm not ready for this," she finally breathed out as she looked at Aslan with a heavy face.

Aslan too let out a sigh with her response and he slowly shook his head. "Eliza—" he started but she cut him off.

"No I don't think you understand, I'm really not ready for this. In fact, I may never be ready for this. I don't get why you think I'm ready to be Queen. I don't even want to be Queen," Elizabeth let out as she held her hands to her chest and collapsed into a bench in the room and hung her head down.