XXIV : Lost Boy

Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Lost Boy

Edmund was tied up to a tree and gagged. He had a nasty cut on his lip and a terrible bruise on his face. To say the least, everything hurt. He didn't even remember the last time he had eaten anything and his whole body ached. His life had been hell these last feel days.

"Is our little Prince comfortable? Does he want his pillow fluffed?" Ginarrbrik mocked him as he wiped Edmund's face with his robes.

Edmund clenched his eyes shut and winced from the contact. He had been beaten and mocked repeatedly since they had last seen the fox. Even since Jadis found out Edmund knew more than he was letting them on, she wouldn't let him out of her sight and continuously had him beaten to keep the fear intact.

"Special treatment for the special boy!" Ginarrbrik continued to taunt as he went behind the tree and Edmund's heart beat faster now that he couldn't see the dwarf. Then the dwarf popped up in Edmund's face from the other side and Edmund trembled out of fright as he began to breath quicker. "Isn't that what you wanted?" Ginarrbrik laughed in his face before spitting to the side and starring Edmund down.

The camp was a bustle of preparing for battle. After Jadis had discovered Aslan had an army, she had been busy creating her own. Her army was made up of various creatures from Narnia, as well as demons and dark monsters that she had gathered and may have been created over the ages. Some of the creatures that were in her army were Black Dwarfs, Bat-Winged Birds, Goblins, Ogres, Minotaurs, Vultures, Werewolves, White Tigers, Wolves, as well as many others. Her general in command was Otmin, a fearless and particularly vicious Minotaur.

Elizabeth and Kael had been flying after Oreius' team for a few hours before they had caught up with them. The team had been traveling in silence until reaching the Witch's camp by nightfall. Oreius was concerned that Aslan had sent Elizabeth with them right into the heart of the enemy's camp when the cost of losing Elizabeth was so great. If the Witch had obtained Elizabeth again, there was no telling what that would mean for the rest of them. Once Oreius discovered Elizabeth's mission, he ordered her to stay close to him and to work fast. There was no telling where the Pevensie boy was or who was watching him. The plan was to obtain the boy as fast as possible and leave with as few casualties as they possibly could. But above all else, do not get caught by Jadis. Otherwise, it would be a nightmare for the team.

The wolf they were following ran into the camp and disappeared after that, whether or not he went to find Jadis the team had no clue. All the knew was that the had a limited amount of time before the camp would know they had arrived. Elizabeth hopped onto Oreius and rode with him into the camp while Kael hid in the trees ready to apprehend Elizabeth and the boy once she found him. To the centaur and the blonde's surprise, it wasn't all that hard to find Edmund. He was placed in the center of camp, bound to a tree with a gag on his face and a small angry dwarf stood next to him holding a knife to his throat. The team that had come with Oreius diffused among the camp, killing swiftly and quietly, to make sure no one would call for help or raise an alarm.