XXXIII : Aslan's Warning

Chapter Thirty Three

Aslan's Warning

The engagement lasted a little over six months and the activity of preparations for the wedding taking place at Cair Paravel had the entire country in a moving in a bustle. Aslan had actually arrived three days prior, where some thought it was coincidence Elizabeth knew otherwise. At the moment, Oreius sister, Lilith, who was Elizabeth's most trusted maid, was currently preparing Elizabeth's hair and makeup while Lucy and Susan helped Elizabeth with her dress. In all honesty, Elizabeth wasn't even nervous, but instead she was a fit of excitement and merriment.

Once Lilith, Susan, and Lucy all took a step back to admire their handiwork, the girls all gasped with the overall look. They had forbidden Elizabeth to look in the mirror to leave it as a surprise and so now Lucy excitedly grabbed Elizabeth's hand and spun her around so she could have a look at herself. Elizabeth was speechless when she saw herself. With a hand covering her mouth she was astonished by the girls wonderful work. She truly looked and felt like a bride today.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Elizabeth asked her future sister-in-laws.

"No," Susan answered as she placed a gentle hand on Elizabeth's shoulder. "I think he'll love it," she said with a big smile.

As the girls giggled in delight, Aslan stepped into the room and cleared his throat. When the girls turned to face him, Aslan smiled at Elizabeth standing before him. The once small young girl he found in the empty halls of Cair Paravel was now a beautiful young woman about to be married. He couldn't help but be thrilled for her, and yet, his news still had a hold on his heart. "Edmund is a lucky man," Aslan said happily and Elizabeth grinned in response. "Why don't you girls go and finish getting ready, I'd like to have a word with Elizabeth," Aslan motioned to Susan and Lucy.

After giving Elizabeth hugs, the sisters left the room in a hurry leaving Elizabeth and Aslan alone.

"About time you showed up," Elizabeth smiled at him as she walked over and gave her fatherly like figure a warm embrace. "I've missed you, I hope you missed me."

"Of course you know I did," Aslan smiled at her. "I wouldn't have missed this for the world, well . . ."

"Oh stop it," Elizabeth laughed at him as she shook her head. She had dearly missed this lion while he was gone. It was the first time they had actually been apart as long as they had. Of course, she had the Pevensie's with her so it made it easier to deal with Aslan's absence. But for Elizabeth, Narnia didn't quite feel like Narnia when Aslan was not around.

"I trust you have enjoyed your responsibilities thus far, considering you have brought peace to Narnia and united the people," Aslan said as he sat on his hind legs.

Elizabeth let out a short laugh. "Well the people were already united thanks to you, all I really had to do was bond with the Pevensie's and rid the Witch's followers. After you defeated the Witch countries are practically lining up to reforge alliances with us."