My roomate

As we entered the school many people turned around to look at me, probably wondering who I was and what has happened before I arrived here. Keith held my hand as we walked through the school with the girl who had saved us, Jemma holding my bag for me. I didn't notice I was trembling, but as we began walking up the stairs my legs gave in throwing me to the ground. Those around us either laughed not very quietly or walked off desperate to flee the awkward situation. I had a feeling I wasn't going to quite fit in here. "Ellie it's alright, we are nearly there" Keith exclaimed as we approached a door at the end of the hallway we had endlessly been walking down.
Keith knocked on the door and a deep voice spoke, "come in", we entered the room to see a desk and a man sitting behind it, he looked quite young maybe in his late twenties but his hair was surprisingly white and his face filled scars. "So this is Ellie", he said offering me his hand to shake I shook them and took a seat opposite him.
"Well Ellie I'm Mr Court headmaster of the school, look I know you are likely to be upset after the tragic event involving your mother but I must employ you to not allow that to effect your studies" he said smiling almost robotically. "Once you have mastered your gifts you will be allowed to leave the school and enter society once more but until then you shall remain here in training"
He continued on for ages rambling about the rules off the school and what I shall predict from my future at the school, however, my mind drifted on back to the memory of my mum lying on the floor. Dead. Why had I just left her there?.
"So I guess that is all then, Keith will escort you to your room and I hope to speak to you soon Ellie" he exclaimed motioning for us to leave.
Keith then led me out the room and we made our way up the stairs. "He seems rather emotionless" I stated trying to make light out of the situation. Keith just laughed and said "yeah he doesn't really handle emotion well don't hold it against him though". Jemma was still beside us however she remained rather silent until we approached the highest floor of stairs. She rushed into her room quickly slamming it behind her, "Jemma we are about to walk in what's with the slamming!" Said Keith banging against the door.
Jemma slowly opened the door staring at me rather angrily. "Fine, come in Ellie" she stated motioning for me to enter rather dramatically. Keith began walking in after me but Jemma simply stopped him."No, No Romeo Ellie only you can talk to her tomorrow" stated Jemma slamming the door I'm his face. But before she could shut it I saw Keith blush bright red at the mention of "Romeo" making me smile inside.
"Hi...", I said trying to disperse the tension within the room. "Sorry about all that, I didn't mean to be rude" she replied placing my bags against an Empty bed at the side of the room. The room was bigger than mine at home however, it seemed almost two small for the both of us especially with Jemma belongings littering the entire floor. Jemma sat in here own bed fiddling with something in her  hands. "Thank you for saving us before" I said smiling. She looked up taken aback by my gratitude, "It's alright it's my job really" she replied smiling.
"Your job?" I questioned. "Oh yeah, I am an absorber, which means I am able to absorb power from others, but my father was a teleporter so I am able to teleport from location to location normally to pick up anyone who needs rescuing from a mission" She explained proudly, by the way she talked off her powers and her roles I could see they meant quite a lot to her. "So..." she said. "What are your powers?" She asked beginning to place all her clothes away in the drawers next to our beds.
"Honestly, I have no idea, Keith touched me before and I screamed and shattered glass but that's about it oh and I shot him across the room" I explained which only made her laugh. "Normally girls don't reject Keith he must be quite embarrassed about that" she chuckled.

After tidying up her side of the room, Jemma helped me to unpack and allowed me to get a shower in the on suite whilst she went down to the canteen and got us some dinner. I didn't feel like eating with everyone else tonight. As I entered the shower I allowed all the dried blood to soak off me leaving me free of my mother's blood. I began trembling once more as a i relived her death, I wish I had been there to help, to stop that man...
It's all my fault.