Chapter 6: Acquaintance

Acquaintance
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

The pooka pushed through the crowd of wispy souls, pulling North and Jack along in the process. Sandy got inside just in time before (Y/N) fully closes the path, heaving a sigh of relief from the female guardian. It was when Bunny had finally let go of her that she had gotten to see them clearly now, the silhouettes of their souls. One second was all it took to have all her attention set on one soul, the brightest albeit an indigo hue, the saddest color of them all. It's brightness shows its strength, fighting off the inevitable urge to succumb into despair. (Y/N) doesn't see her own look of pity as her hand instinctively reaches out to his face, hovering over it, trying to pull out the misery he has.

Jack clears his throat for everyone, smirking as the pooka looked like he was barely breathing on the spot. The woman now turns towards him, hovering closer until she was in proximity to touch him as well, and with a smile on her face, she spoke, "Your soul is as free as the wind. How nostalgic, you remind me so much of him."

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Nicholas," she then turns to him, completely ignoring the question, "an introduction is in order."

The man regains his jolly expression, clapping his hands in delight, "Very well! Everyone, this is (Y/N), another guardian like us. This here's Jack Frost, he's an embodiment of winter."

"I guess it makes sense if my soul is... like a wind," he chuckles.

"And you remember Sandy?"

She goes down to hug the smaller man, remembering the first time that he did so in greeting. "Sanderson Mansnoozie, so glad you could make time to come with."

"And this one's—"

The pooka bowed as she turns her figure, showing unbelievable gentlemanliness for the first time, "E. Aster Bunnymund, a pleasure to meet ya, love," their eyes meet, though he wasn't sure she would see his emerald ones through her own greyish glow.

Nevertheless, she plays along as well, bowing in a lady-like curtsy to the individual, "The pleasure is all mine. I believe you have got the most story to tell."

"Hardly...." her knowing look made the bunny falter on his own smirk, dodging it as if it was just her regular comment to every other.

"Alright. Apart from Tooth, every Guardian is present. Why don't we  take this chance to have a feast in celebration of our reunion?"

"North, is every little thing a feast and celebration to you?" the pooka rolls his eyes.

The Guardian of Winter and Dream shrugs the thought as trivial, "Sounds like a plan."

(Y/N) giggles, floating around to conjure a large table and five chairs for all of them, "You only live once. And in our case, we live forever. Commemorating each and every good thing that comes your way deserves a good toast among old and new friends." They sat around the table, watching in amazement as food started to form in front of them, "Eat to your hearts' content, no consequences involved here."

Bunnymund raises a brow at the last sentence before watching Sandy and North gobble up their own plates, getting a second round of meal after the first five minutes. Jack pokes at his food, earning a stoned stare from the woman. He stops, picking up an ice cream from his left instead and takes a little bit of taste from it. He had his doubts upon watching her hold the little blue lights and making a buffet table out of nowhere, but after the smooth consistency merged onto his taste buds, he could say out loud that this is surprisingly good. It was as if a trance had been place on the winter lad to have him wanting more off of each and every plate, each serving a more satisfying treat.