XIV : Into the Wardrobe

Start from the beginning

Sure enough, upon walking inside to the main living room, the siblings found that opposed to breaking the window they had also destroyed a medieval knight costume that had been standing near the window. Susan and Peter stared at the clear hole made in the window from the ball while Lucy and Edmund stared at the fallen knight that was all crumpled up and decapitated across the floor.

Peter shook his head knowing the amount of trouble they were about to get in. "Well done Ed," he mocked.

"You bowled it!" Edmund retorted not willing to take the blame for what happened. Sure he hit it, but it was certainly Peter who assisted in this!

"What on earth is goin' on?" A voice shouted in the house and the Pevensie children all exchanged frightened looks. They all knew whose voice that belonged to.

"The Macready!" Susan exclaimed with wide eyes and her siblings shared in her fright.

Peter did not want to get in trouble again today after what happened last night. That was not going to happen two days in a row for sure. "Come on!" He shouted at his siblings and took off running, his siblings hot on his heels. They two agreed with his idea of not being caught again.

The children dashed about the house looking for somewhere to go. Susan wanted to go back outside, but quite honestly couldn't remember the way to go. This house was so big none of them could remember where anywhere was. Each child took turns leading as they ran through the house, each looking for a good place to hide. Edmund ran through the library and into a hallway with Lucy right behind him. As he entered the hallway he couldn't find anywhere to go and turned around just to have the rest of the siblings run into him due to the rush. "No, no! Back, back!" Edmund shouted as he pushed his siblings off of him and back into the other room.

Lucy was now in the front and led her siblings out of the library back from where they came into the library. The sounds of heels were very loud and clear through the house as the Macready was on to them. She took off down the hallway and came to a crossroads at the double staircase. Susan, not wasting time, ran in front of Lucy and up one of the staircase's, not caring which one they went on. She tried to open the door at the top but found it was locked. The rest of the siblings trapped behind her soon discovered it was locked as well and Peter led them back down the stairs and on the run once more. The sounds of heels were definitely closer to them now.

As they ran down numerous hallways, Peter found the hallway above the two stairs and without thinking, Peter ran up them. He tried to open the first door on the hallway right in front of the stairs and found it to be locked. Susan ran to the next one and when she tried to open it found it was stuck and not willing to open. Lucy was still at the bottom of the staircase, seeing as she was slower than her older siblings, and her heart skipped a beat as she entered the hallway. She knew exactly where they were.

Edmund passed Susan, just like Lucy he knew where they were and he knew exactly which door to this hallway would let them in. As he came to the last door on the hallway it opened as quickly as he turned the knob and let the children in. Edmund dashed through the room straight to the wardrobe against the back wall. Without skipping a beat he opened the door to the wardrobe wide open. Susan, Peter, and Lucy all stood at the end of the room staring at Edmund. Edmund just stared in shock at his siblings. "Come on!" He shouted at them and motioning to the wardrobe, not understanding why they were just standing there. They didn't have time to decide or go somewhere else.

"Oh, you've got to be joking," Susan said doing a double take with a condescending tone at her little brother. She couldn't believe they were going through this again. Peter and Lucy looked to Susan as she shook her head at Edmund not wanting to get into the wardrobe. But the sound of heels coming up the stairs caused her to have a change of heart.