Chapter 11

/Tori/

Jade had been gone for a while now, and Tori, despite her inner protests, was beginning to become worried about her. Yeah, if she was still human she would actually show that she was concerned, but she wasn't human anymore, and she wasn't the same Tori.

Actually, she was the same Tori with all her emotions amplified. Which meant her human crush on Jade has become a huge supernatural problem, and she was beyond worried about her.

But she would never let Beck and the others know that. Especially Jade. Jade was an Alpha with a short temper- A deadly combination. And with the blind rage Tori pointed out earlier, she was sure Jade was more than ready to rip her heart out if given the reason and chance.

Tori wasn't terrified of Jade, no, that wasn't it. Tori was also an Alpha. Wolves weren't the only ones who traveled in packs. Tori loved a challenge, and so did Jade. That's probably one of the main reasons why the girls had butted heads since the day Tori arrived at Hollywood Arts.

They were too much alike and completely different all at the same time.

Tori wasn't as determined as Jade, nor was she as brash. A few days ago she could have been put into that category, but that was just her vampric hormones settling into her personality. Tori wasn't a vicious monster. Her thirst for blood made her that way.

And Tori could only imagine what it must be like for Jade, discovering she had a twin sister and now fighting to control her newly submerged powers. Tori sighed. If she was going to at least try to rekindle her relationship with Jade, she was going to have to be nice. And if that didn't work out, she would just come up with something else.

Faint whistling heard in the distance brought Tori out of her thoughts, making her look up to see Jade walking side by side with another girl, who was also a lycan and an Alpha. She watched as Jade laughed at something the girl said and felt jealousy weave through her like a vine. She snarled. Yes, Jade wasn't hers, but that didn't mean her talking to other possible candidates didn't make her any less angry.

"I'm back!" Jade laughed as she put an arm around the blonde girl. The girl smiled back at her and put her hand on her hip. Tori realized the girl looked like she could be older than them, maybe about two years.

"Lovely." Tori bit sarcastically at Jade, and then with a forced hostile smile directed towards the girl, "Who's this?"

Jade detected the hostility in her voice and smirked. Someone didn't seem to like an unknown Alpha in her territory. "This, is Jenna. Jenna, Tori Vega."

"Hai! Ah'm Jade's southern cousin! Nice to meet you Miss Tori!" She grabbed Tori's hands and gave her a very firm handshake.

Cousin? Unless Jade's family was into consanguineous mating, Tori had nothing to worry about.

"Hey Jade, when did you- Jenna?!" Jozzy gasped before running into the girls arms.

"Jozzlyn! Why Ah haven't seen you since you were a lil critter!" Jenna smiled, ruffling Jozzy's hair.
Tori and Jade set aside their differences to give each other identical confused looks. How could Jenna have known about Jozzy before Jade had even said anything?

"Yes, well its been awhile." Jozzy laughed nervously.

Tori and Jade both glared at her. What exactly was she hiding? Apparently, Jenna picked up on their accusative attitudes because she asked, "Why ya'll eye ballin' her like that?"

"Jenna, I didn't know about Jozzy until a few days ago. And you just hugged her like you knew her all your life. What's going on?" Jade asked.

Jenna picked up a piece of wheat and stuck it in her mouth, adjusting her hat. "Ah guess Ah did say Ah'd explain things when we got back here didn't Ah?" she sighed and leaned against a boulder next to her. "Well? Are ya'll ready?"

Everyone nodded.

It was a few minutes after her uncle had sent Jade to bed. Jenna was as equally angry as Jade and she wanted answers too. "You know Ah wasn't gonna tell her the truth." She muttered, jamming her hands in her jean pockets, scuffing at the porch with her boot.

"I knew you weren't. But Jade is a very smart child, and sooner or later she will trick you into telling her everything other than that story of yours." Her uncle told her softly, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"This feels so wrong though. Ah hate lyin' to her." Jenna looked up into her uncle's eyes, tears forming in her own.

"I know you do. But in order to keep your sister safe from the secrets in this family you have to keep this up." The grip on Jenna's shoulder became tighter and she almost snarled.

"Ah don't understand why you won't let me watch after her. Ah've already got Jozzlyn. She needs to know, Uncle." Jenna gave him a pleading look, the one she gave him the day he decided to hide Jozzy from Jade. "She's gonna hate you for this."

"She'll hate you more for going along with it." Her uncle bit, his grip moving from her shoulder to her wrist. Jenna tried not to cry out in pain, so that she wouldn't wake Jade. but god did it hurt.
"Ow, dammit, you're hurtin' me." She tried to pull away from him but he pulled her closer.

"I let you leave with your mother and Jozzy. Don't think you can drag Jade into this." he warned.

"Ah haven't You have. All Ah've done is take care of them." Jenna ripped away from her father looking him straight in the eyes. "You can't hide her from who she is forever. Ah'm gonna find her. And when Ah do, Ah'm gonna tell her what you did." Jenna turned on her heel and walked down the driveway, feeling someone was watching her.

"Wait, something doesn't add up." Jade tells her. "You two, left with mom?" She sounded hurt, and Tori didn't want to do anything but wrap her arms around her. She decided against it though.

"Ah'm your half sister. We don't have the same mothers. But after my mother died...Ah had to disappear. Ah was the product of a secret affair, Jade. Your parents were together when your father cheated on your mom." Jenna confessed, digging her boot into the ground.

"But...I had no idea about Jade. Why didn't you tell me?" Jozzy was hurting too. She seemed to be as left out as Jade was.

"Now sugarcube, you know Ah couldn't. Our father... he's an evil man. He had me swear to never tell you. That's part of why Ah was never around. He didn't want me seeing you two, and after some beggin' and pleadin' he made up that story of me being your cousin." Jenna explained feeling rather guilty.

Tori wandered off not wanting to hear anymore. She decided to go find Cat. She could use a little meditation right now. She traveled back to the meadow with a flashlight. She herself didn't need one. but as dark as it was getting. Cat did.

She made it, and flicked the light on. "Cat?" Tori asked, searching around for the redhead. There wasn't an answer and Tori became worried. "Cat, you know I don't like it when you play around like this." She warned sternly. Cat didn't answer back, and all she heard was the rustling leaves in the trees being blown by the cool night wind. Tori began shining the light in all directions starting to panic. "Cat! Seriously Cat this isn't funny!" She backed up, tripping over something in the grass. She landed on her bum, and reached down to pick it up. Her heart dropped the moment she did.
It was Cat's spellbook. Cat wasn't playing hide and seek. Cat was missing.

She threw the book, backing up as if it was covered in some disgusting disease. She looked down to see a little embroidered note by the spellbook. Tori didn't like where this was going. She picked up the note and recognized the neatly crafted script.

I've got your witch. Now bring me mine. Hurry up though, I don't think she has too much time.

Tatia was never this brutal, this mercilus. If they didn't leave tonight, Cat would be dead by the next sunset. Tori stumbled to her feet, her mind set on reaching the others.

There was no time to waste.