Chapter 7

/Tori/

When she came to, she realized, she was in a dark, humid room; a cellar perhaps, and that she was chained to the wall behind her. Her arms were bound, raised up above her head, to the concrete by vervain laced rope, the tough rough, unforgiving rope usually used to tie boats to docks.

She realized she wasn't exactly hanging, but she wasn't exactly sitting either. She was at an awkward halfway point, as if she had slid down the wall and just decided to stop before she was in a sitting position.

Whoever or whatever tied her up did it way too quickly, not even considering that she'd be uncomfortable like this.

Dead or not, the way she was up against the wall made her hiss in pain. The ropes were digging into her wrists, and they were starting to burn.

She was angry.

Not only with herself, but with Jade.

How dare she challenge her?

How dare she try to overpower her?

Tori spit on the floor and grit her teeth. Cat. No, she didn't know about the girls' special skill, being the savage she had become. But she certainly didn't expect it.

She heard the heavy metal door in front of her groan in protest revealing an ominous shadow, pulling her out of her reverie. She couldn't tell if it was male or female or if or was human or not. Lifting her head up though, she saw it was Beck.

"What are you doing here?!" She hissed.

"I'm getting you out of here." He responded, trying to untie her hands. He growled when he made contact with the material.

"Don't even bother, its covered in vervain." Tori sighed.

"What's gotten into you?" Beck asked her, folding his arms. Ever since she'd brought him back into this world as a bloodsucker, he had been too weak to defy her. But now, seeing her like this made him smug. Whatever happened to that merciless murderer he has come to know as the new Tori Vega? She certainly wasn't here, chained to a wall looking tired and defeated.

"I'm a little tied up at the moment," Tori joked dryly and then growled, "This is all Jade's fault."

Beck gave her a confused look. "Why is it her fault?"

Tori shrugged. "I don't know. I just need someone to blame. Besides, this is hindering me from achieving my real goal." She adjusted herself a bit, and then closed her eyes.

"You're not going to find her. Whoever turned you wanted to just turn you and bounce." Beck told her. He'd told her this before, and of course she didn't take to kindly to it, but he felt like he had to say it again.

Tori sighed again. "I just don't have the right amount of people... I need..."

"A crew? A team?" He asked as thought growing in his mind.

She breathed. "Yeah."

"Well I know where you can find one, but you might have to swallow your pride." Beck says as he thinks about what he's about to say.

Tori, considering his words gasps, "You don't mean-"

"I do." Beck smiles thinly.

Jade awakes in a torch lit room, in completely different clothes. She reached down to feel the wound Tori had left with the stake, but nothing was there. Stretching, she limped over to the door next to the cot she had been lying in, and walked out to explore.

The corridor was also lit with torches, dark in some areas and a bit bright in others. Cat and Jozzy were nowhere to be found. Using the wall as leverage, she found her way to what appeared to be a bathroom and washed her face. After drying off, she looked at her reflection and chuckled. "She sure did some damage on you." She told herself.

"I'll say." A voice behind her responded.

Jozzy?" Jade asked turning around.

"In the flesh." Jozzy grinned.

Jade gripped the side, of her head and groaned, "What happened?"

"Well, you tried to fight Tori and she knocked you out. You've been out for a while too." Jozzy responded wiping Jade's face with a wash cloth. "There." She smiled, "You look good as new. Now lets get down to the mess hall. You're gonna be craving a lot of meat."

"You idiot! Why would you ever suggest such an idea!" Tori growled, rubbing her sore wrists. She didn't like where Beck's idea was particularly going, her vampiric pride getting in the way of what was really at hand.

Sneaking though the labyrinth of corridors, which they'd come to realize were actually in a basement of someone's house, Beck thought Tori would stop being a brat and become aware of the situation they were in.

Not.

"When I see Jade, I'm gonna kill her!" Tori vowed, shaking get fist in the dim light.

"Why? It's your fault that your actually in this mess," Beck responded. He watched as the latina in front of him shook with anger and frustration.

"I will cut your tongue out!" She shrieked, turning around to push Beck's shoulder. Tori then turned back around on her heel, silently cursing Jade and continuing down the hall.

Beck impulsively touched his tongue and shrugged, following after his sire.

"What is this?" Jade asked, running her fingers along the walls of the basement.

"Oh just an underground tunnel Mom created to help us wolves get back and forth from the forest and here." Jozzy explained, humming a familiar tune.

"Where exactly is here?" Jade asked her duster, realizing her environment wasn't exactly as she remembered.

"Why you're home of course! Just underneath it! See those stairs over there down to the right?" Jozzy asked her.

Jade nodded.

"That leads you to the actual basement, then you go up the basement stairs and voila! You're in the house!" Jozzy beams and pulls Jade along.

"Wait, if you've been under here, how come I've never seen you and Dad's never mentioned you?" Jade pondered. There's never been any pictures of Jozzy in the house anywhere. It was just her and her little brother. It was rather strange to her too that her sister would show up now, and not in the past, when it would make sense. Something must be wrong.

She hadn't realized Jozzy had stopped walking when she rammed into her shoulder. Her body was tense, and on edge. It made Jade uneasy. "Joz, hey, Jozzy, you ok?"

Jozzy growled and put a hand behind her to push Jade back. Jade realizes Jozzy can see something in the dim light that she can't. Something that isn't human. Jade steps in front of her sister and smells that scent she had smelt earlier before at Tori's house. It smelled like him, it had to be him.

The figure in front of them stepped forward making Jade's blood go cold.

"Beck"