Chapter 8

/Jade/

"Jade." Beck seemed happy to see her. She, on the other hand, was not.

"Y-You're alive?" She stuttered. He nodded and took a step towards her. Jozzy growled, but Jade put a hand up to tell her to heel. The other twin nodded, taking a step back to give the supernatural couple some space to talk privately.

Jade pulled Beck into a tight hug, and kissed him gingerly, teary eyed. "I thought she killed you." The lycan sobbed. She lifted her head up to look him in the face to see he was distraught. "What's wrong?"

"Yeah.. About that..." Beck trailed, and as if on cue, Tori stepped out from the shadows, giggling and smiling widely.

"Hello, Jade." She said, tilting her head, the grin still on her face. "I see you've gotten acquainted with the new and improved Beck."

"New and improved...?" Jade wondered, she released herself from his grip and looked at Beck again, asking him with her eyes to explain.

"I'm a vampire." He responded. He didn't look directly at Jade when he said it, but he didn't have to to know she wasn't pleased.

"You're a what?!" Her head snapped back to Tori and she bared her teeth at her, letting a low growl escape.

"Oh, did I forget to mention that I turned him? Oops. My bad." Tori giggled with mock sincerity. The grin was back and she wanted to get back to the subject she so unwillingly wanted to talk about. "Non the less, that isn't what we've come here to talk about." She added, the playful tease in her voice gone.

Jozzy and Jade straightened up. Eyebrows arched, "We're listening."

"I am on a quest to find the bastard who turned me. Now I cannot do this alone so...I'm swallowing my pride in saying I need help." Tori explained rather quickly and then folded her arms looking away.

The lycan twins glanced at each other. That was unexpected. "So what your saying is, you want go establish a truce?" Jozzy asked her. Tori nodded. Jozzy gave an undecided look to her sister.

"What's in it for us?" Jade asked for her, folding her arms. She wasn't going to make a deal where she didn't get anything out of it.

"My full support on anything you decide to do. Plus, I have some supernatural friends that can help us out..." Tori offered. "Just, please think about?"

Jade sighed. "Alright fine. We've got a truce. But what about Cat?"

Tori's eyebrows arch. "What about Cat?"

"What are we going to do with her while we're on our little journey? Surely you don't think we can just leave her here in Los Angeles by herself. Especially with her new found powers." Jozzy explained for her sister. After all, she had been the only one beside Tori who had seen Cat's new abilities. She actually hadn't seen the bubbly redhead since the fight at Tori's house. She wondered what could have overtaken the the petite girl.

"Your point is good, I'll admit that. But she can't go around giving me and Beck supernatural migraines." Tori growled, holding her forehead.

"I don't think she meant to do that. It was more of a primal instinct. You know, adrenaline, survival based type of thing. Besides, you were gonna bite me! And make me your sex slave!" Jozzy whined pointedly.

"Oh puh-lease! I wasn't going to actually do that! I just wanted a taste! I haven't eaten in hours!" Tori retorted, and her stomach agreed with her.

"Yeah, come to think of it, neither have we." Jozzy spoke for the both of them again.

"What do you suppose we do then?" Jade asks, turning to her sister.

"Let's go to the mess hall!" Jozzy exclaimed, once again grabbing her sister's hand, not bothering to ask her. Beck and Tori followed close behind without a word.