Chapter 5

/Tori/

"You're late!" She growled, when she saw the young vampire pull up to her house.

"Relax, it's not like Jade's ever gonna find out. She's too busy being sad." the handsome bloodsucker responded, kissing Tori's hand.

"Beck, I spared your life for one reason and one reason only." Tori told him sternly.

"And that reason would be?" He smirked.

"To help me get revenge on the person who turned me." She mumbled, smacking his wandering hand away. "If you keep trying to touch me, I'll kill you for a second time, got that?"

Beck solemnly nodded.

"Good. Now let's get started."

"Jaaaaade. I though we were going to Tori's house!"

"Damn it Cat! Stop whining!"

"Where are we going then?!" Cat whined.

"Ask me that one more time and you'll be going to see a light at the end of a tunnel!" Jade growled.

"You're so mean!" Cat yelled before Jade thwacked her in the side of her head.

"You should be used to it now, baby girl." She growled, driving faster.

They arrived at the library and quietly walked into the computer room. "What are we here for?" Cat whispered, fearing she would get hit again.

Jade sat down at a computer and logged in. "Research."

"Beck! What the hell are you doing!" Tori yelled at the newborn.

"Climbing a tree what the hell do you think I'm doing?!" He yelled back from a high branch in the oak tree beside Tori's bedroom window.

"Make another smart remark like that and your heart is mine!" Tori snarled, bearing her fangs at him.

He jumped down and dusted off his leather jacket. "Yes, ma'am." He muttered under his breath. He hated the fact that he was sired to Tori. He had to do what ever she said just because she was his master. It was degrading.

"Are you done being a monkey, Oliver?" Tori asked him, an eyebrow arched.

"Can't you see I already jumped out the tree?" He asked, then winced when he realized he made another snide comment.

A low snarl escaped Tori's lips and before he knew it his neck was broken and he was unconscious. He really should watch what he says.

"Alright, the West family name." Jade spoke to herself as she typed it into the search engine. An extensive amount of links loaded but one particular link stood out the most. She clicked on it, and what popped up was what looked like an old newspaper article. From May 2, 1916 to be exact.

"Cat, look at this." She called the redhead, over, skimming though the article. "Cornelius L. West was quarantined in an insane asylum yesterday morning after repeatedly saying he was seeing wolves in his house. Wolves in this area aren't very common, But he swears that when his daughters leave, dogs enter the house."

She finished reading the paragraph and turned to Cat. "Kitty, do you know what this means?!" She asked her.

Cat skimmed though what Jade just read. "You're family is full of werewolves!" She gasped.

Jade gave her an incredulous look. That didn't take her long to figure out. She turned back to the computer and read the rest of the article. "Ironically, a hunter this morning shot and killed two wolves near the West household. The West daughters are no where to be found."