I am Confused because of Her

Depuis le début

One evening I saw her talking curiously with Akash, I reached there and enquired about what went wrong between them. Akashi’s girlfriend doesn’t like him dancing with Pragya. What the hell. I looked at Pragya, she was frustrated. I advised her to select another partner, but she said that she had practiced all the steps with Akash. With short span of time, she can’t get practiced with new one. Akash immediately said that I can be her partner. I gulped, dance? Dance with her? Pragya’s face lightens up and she looked me with excitement. I accepted half heartedly. I am running away from her closeness. Here I am going to dance with her, damn I am getting trapped by my own fate.

I thought the dance was for some random song; damn it! It was a romantic song. I scolded her mentally that how she selected this song and that too with Akash. She explained me all the steps, for helping me Akash was also present there. I felt jealous. Jealous was at its high peak of seeing Akash that much close with My Pragya. How dare he could? I closed my fist tightly, thought it might help to control my jealous anger. Later I said I understood every steps and I asked him to leave the place as I want to practice alone. While he left the room, I saw through mirror that he was showing thumbs up to Pragya and she winked for it. I didn’t understand.

We practiced together. The song was played with the high volume, like whoever inside the room will get into the mood of the songs and we were too. Damn, I couldn’t handle her closeness. I stopped often in the middle of some step, which I felt myself that I would end up in doing something else. She handled my restlessness with patience. But there is a limit for patience. She left the room with anger. I breathe heavily, I can’t take it anymore. I can’t handle it anymore. Either burry the feeling completely else confess her. Her close proximity, her touch, her smell, the way her hair caress my face, the firm in her hugs, her eyes which was conveying something different today. Surprisingly we both were comfortable with this closeness. Still I felt restless whenever she comes close to me.

After settling my mind and heart to its place, I went to follow her, to convince her. I saw her standing outside the staff room. I neared her and ask what she was doing her. She was still in her anger mode. She didn’t look at me, said that she came to remove her name from the dancing competition. I stunned. She looked at me; her eyes are burning with hurt and anger. She said that I was not comfortable with her and she couldn’t find any new partner with the short span of time. I don’t know how to convince her.

I stood there confused; the person who was doing the registration for the competition came. She said there is a change in the registration for dancing, she was supposed to say to remove her name, I intervened and said that remove Akash name as her partner and add my name as her partner. She looked surprised. My feelings are my problems; I don’t want it to spoil her wish to win the competition.

We got into the dancing room again. She questioned me whether I will be comfortable with her, if anything bothering me I can say her, so that she can change the step. I thought myself change the song first. She shook me and I said nothing to change, we can practice with the same steps and the same song. I thought myself that on the day of competition we gonna set up fire of romance on the stage.

While practicing, there was a step where I have to hold her tightly where both our front of the body to get buried with each others. Man, who was the choreographer. She only choreographed it. I thanked that I was her partner. Else I would never ever digest it that someone else was with her. I got sprain in my left hand. I left to home informing her. She said she gonna meet Purab today evening, he had came here to meet her specially.

Returning home gave me trails of thought, her sudden closeness, Purab missing her. I thought myself whether I am not the person who came between them and let them apart. No I don’t want to be like that. I want it to be clear so I thought to meet Purab in evening. I knew where they gonna meet. In the evening, I left home to meet them in the park near to our college. I didn’t inform Pragya that I am coming to meet them.

The view and what I heard in front of me broke my world into pieces. Purab took Pragya in his arms and twirling her. He was shouting that his love accepted his proposal; he was the happiest man in the world. Pragya was laughing loudly and she didn’t restrict him for holding her like this in the public. I don’t know what to do there. Stood like a lifeless person. A moment, I felt like Pragya went too far from me. I lost her; this was the words running inside my mind. I didn’t think anything, I returned home.

I sat on my bed, after few minutes I felt a hot tears near my lips. Then only I realized that I was crying. Why should I feel bad? I knew it from the beginning, that Pragya was special to Purab and for her too. Who am I to her, Friend just a friend. Still something was bothering me not to conclude anything without consulting her. I cleared my tears and listened to my heart which said me to wait until she shares it by herself.

It was 8 at the night, I heard a knock at my door, I opened to see her smiling happily. I let her inside, she asked about my hand pain. I said that I was fine, even I wasn’t. She immediately asked me whether I cried, how come she guessed it. I nodded as no. She looked me suspiciously and entered inside the kitchen to check for dinner. I said that she doesn’t want to strain for me, as I am not hunger to eat anything. She looked at me as she understood my statement was cold. She replied me that she was here to have dinner along with me; also she didn’t eat anything from evening. Before I could say anything, I heard the sound of vessel placing over the induction. I left the place and came to my bedroom.

After a while, she entered inside the room with a bowl of soup. She was very hungry so she didn’t find anything than this. I smiled seeing her childish look that was hungry badly. I forgot my feeling and said that I was also hungry. She stood from the chair and sat near me in the bed. She fed me, I didn’t restrict. I need her; I don’t want anyone to separate her from me. I am selfish. Damn Selfish for her.

Later she asked me whether Alia said anything, I puzzled and thought whether Alia also know about Purab and Pragya. I replied her that Alia didn’t say anything. She analyzed me for a while, I look into her eyes. She asked me what was bothering me. How come she read my mind? I hesitated first but I explained her that what I saw at park. She laughed and said me that Purab proposed his love and she accepted his love. It’s none other than Bulbul. Alia was the one who helped for this proposal.

I looked her with shock. What Purab loves Bulbul? Thankfully I heard my heart which said that I shouldn’t conclude anything without consulting her. An unknown happiness filled me and my lips curved a wide smile. It was a happy smile. Seeing my face, she started to laugh. I came out of my thoughts and looked her laughing at me. She understood that I mistook the scene. Her laugh irked me; I took the soup bowl from her hand and tried to shut her laughing mouth. She didn’t stop laughing, in term of shutting her laughing mouth, one of my hands curved her waist and the other’s palm covered her mouth.

She was close to me. Our eyes got locked into each other’s gaze.  I slowly took my palm from her mouth, my senses betrayed me, and my hand cupped her face where my thumbs caressed her cheek. She closed her eyes and I was supposed to close her lips with mine. Mobile beeps sound, strike our reality. She stood up and stepped a little away from me. I felt tensed that she might mistake me. I took the mobile to check who is that irritating person spoiled my mood. It was Alia. She shared some pictures of her and Bulbul, along with Purab, also she shared that she helped Bulbul and Purab to propose each other. I smiled by seeing the message.

I looked at her, who was still standing away from me and facing the other side. I badly want to know whether she was shy or regretting what was supposed to happen. She turned to face me, Man I couldn’t guess her expression. She came and took the soup bowl and started to feed me again. I didn’t ask her anything. We completed our so called dinner with that one big bowl of soup. She asked me to sleep and left my home. My thoughts wandered the moments when she was close with me and that suppose to kiss moment. I decided that after this competition I will propose her. I don’t know whether she will accept or not, still I confess my feeling for her.

Authors note:
We Reached 5th part. I planned this story as a One shot. But it extended like this. Hope I am fulfilling all your expectation level. Please leave your comment. If anything you didn’t like in this story, please do share it with me. I will correct it.

With love,
Abhigya (Abhi)