Magic lessons~Part II

Start from the beginning

Within a snap, the three were out of sight, leaving me with a livid murderer.

Massaging the bridge of his nose, Leon sighed before shifting his attention to me. "I bid my greetings, Your Highness,'' he said, slightly bowing. "Shall I ask for your presence here? Most, what I remember, was asking you to stay alive and out of troubles.''

''Apparently, I was studying. But the noise became too insufferable. And besides, why the worries? You're not my bodyguard much, to what I know,'' I said crossing my arms.

"Feisty, for a royal. I should really talk with Ramos about the guard thing.''

''What just happened?'' I asked, hoping to fish some answers before heading to my class.

''Are you having something as of the moment?''

"I have a class with Ramos. He should be in his study or something.''

"I will guide your way,'' he said, leading a path through the garden.

"This old man is responsible of justice?''

"Yes.''

"He looks much more like the lord of evil.''

''No one argues. But he does the job, and fairly well. Besides, he is in the third court, his voice alone stands nothing.''

"What law did he talk about?''

"No fighting magic is authorized to mages outside the training yards of the schools and underneath the eyes of the teachers. Yet, breaking this rule seems vital. Through the four years, a lot tend to break it. Either they get expelled from it, or will have to endure the consequences in helping with the tasks.''

"Should I take it that you already finished training?''

"Yes, all four years.''

For a moment, I pondered in my thoughts. ''I wonder how hard it will be to survive for four years through all of this.''

''I doubt time will allow four years to come.''

His words sent me shocked to the core. A mistake, he might call his words. But he just uncovered something of crucial importance to me. ''You know what this prophecy is all about!''

''I do not deny it.''

''Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Ramos wishes to be the one to deliver the news when time comes.''

"Or he will chop your head.''

"He wouldn't go as far. He might be contented with turning my existence to a living hell.''

"Which is something you completely deserve.''

"I take it that there is no mercy for me, young heiress.''

"Now, I did not say that. And drop with the title thing. I'm having my time bearing with the whole entire subject. No need for the unstoppable reminder.''

''Your wishes are orders.''

''You aren't about to stop, aren't you?''

He laughed. ''If it was in my hands, then it is mostly a no. But alas, we have arrived.''

*****

Ramos was waiting for us in the back of his garden, his work, for once, out of sight. His white cloak seemed to drown in the light reflecting on its silver. And like counting every ticking moment, he said, ''Two minutes early. Careful for your timing you are, youngling.''