River Styx - Part 3

River Styx - Part 3

Meanwhile, Daedalus opened his doors and showed Hercules a wagon that had a ram head on the front. "I prepared this war wagon for just such an emergency. Turn the crank!" Hercules ran up to the crank. Power the internal mainspring! Smash our way out of this eternal detention!"

Hercules began turning the crank.

"Teacher and student - we shall be liberated!"

"Ninety-seven... Ninety-eight... Ninety-nine..." Hercules stopped to take a breath. "Whoo! How many times do I have to crank this thing?"

"Three cranks should suffice," Daedalus answered.

Hercules widened his eyes nervously. "Uh-oh," The crank spun itself rapidly, taking the Son of Zeus with it. The wagon's wheels screeched as it sped forward, smashing through the stone wall, nearly killing the teacher.

Daedalus sat up slowly, containing track marks across his torso. "This will affect your grade!"

Hercules screamed, holding on for dear life while the wagon was causing damage. It knocked down pillars and statues. Icarus was sitting near the headless Hercules dummy in boredom. He was until the war cart charged straight at him.

"Whoa!" Icarus grasped the rod that was keeping the ram head in place. He and Hercules were riding towards the Parthenon. Their transportation came to a rough stop once they entered the sacred place.

Icarus shivered at the traumatic event, while Hercules acted the opposite when he realized where they're at.

"Alright! Athena's temple!" Hercules leaped out of the cart. "She's wise! She can help us!"

Icarus released the rod to face Hercules angrily, "You and me! Right now! You take back what you said about Dad-alus, or we're going mono-to-mono." Icarus threw a few punches, but Hercules extended a hand on Icarus' forehead to keep a distance between them.

"Icarus, can we talk about this after we save Greece from eternal doom please?" Hercules released his friend's forehead to approach the Athena statue.

Icarus ceased the punches then shrugged, "Okay. I'll take a rain check."

Hercules bowed down to the statue, "Oh, great goddess of wisdom, we summon your aid."

Icarus looked over and noticed something essential. He tapped Hercules's shoulder for his attention, "Uh... Herc."

"Yeah?" Hercules looked over and gasped. Two enlarged gods - Poseidon and Athena - were chained to a wall.

Athena chuckled sheepishly, "Actually, I was just about to summon your aid."

~000~000~000~

Hades and Nattie appeared in a Speedy Pita. Nattie followed Hades to a nearby table. The yellow-flamed god wasn't in the mood to wait for a hostess to seat them. He was fuming from what transpired.

"Stupid orphans!" Hades ranted. "Stupid old people!" The menu in his hand lit up on fire, not that Hades cared.

"Chill out, Hades," Nattie hid her smug behind the menu, fighting to keep her voice neutral. "Don't get all worked up because you couldn't torment those people. It's not their fault, they're having a hard-knocked life."

"Yes, it is!" Hades argued childlessly. "Those brats think their lives are hopeless because they don't have parents, and they're forced to endure manual labor! The elderly are having it rough because their families never pay them a visit! And as for that homeless guy sitting outside, did you hear what he said to me? He practically begged me to finish him off, because apparently, he is dying from 'terminal cancer'!" He air quoted and scoffed at the latter. "Can you believe that?!"