eight

Next day.

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I wake up with silence everywhere and no sign of Evan. My stomach feels better I've notice. I role over and climb out with a cramp dancing on my stomach. I grab it and moan in pain helping myself up. I took a breath swallowing the pain.

Goodness, what am I even doing? I start walking weakly to the kitchen down the stairs. I came there and took a seat at the table.

"Liz, what are you doing?" I heard. I look at my left and see Evan running up to me from outside.

"I can't stay in that room forever right?" I gave a little fake laugh stopping the moment it threw a pain on my stomach. I try my best to hide the pain but fail at keeping my mouth shut.

"Liz you're not ready to get up yet. The doctor..." Evan said placing his hand on my back. I gave him the as-if look and try to smile.

"Evan I'm fine." I smiled at him. "I promise."

He gave me a little smile looking down then deep in my eyes.

"If you say so. But you tell me immediately if you need to lay down." Evan said making sure. I nod with a smile as I notice how close he is to kiss. Should I kiss him? What do I do?

Just when we were about to kiss I look down at my fingers that made it's way to his. I look back up at him with a wonder in my face.

"Why didn't you move on after the divorce?" I had to ask him because it's starting to bother a me alot.

"Well..." he look down then back up at me. "I couldn't move on. Trying wasn't even on my list. And I just felt like somehow I'll...I'll be able to find my way back to you."

A shock run through my spirit. Oh my goodness. He look back up at me.

"What does that mean?" I played stupid.

"You'll find out." He reply coming closer to me. I turn my head a little side ways still looking at him as he search for my lips. I feel his breathing falling into my mouth as we both pull away when the door opened. We both look at it and saw Ella.

"Hey El." I greeted her. All she gave is a sweet smile and sat infront of us as she look at our hands that letted go when Evan took a seat next to me.

"Hey." She look back at me. "How are you doing mom?"

"Well, I feel better." I replied giving a little smile. I could see there's something bothering her. She looks down then back at me. "Do have something to say or...?"

"Yes." She interrupted in a tone of hope. "I wanna go to the school dance tonight."

"Well of course you can go honey. I will help you get ready too." I said not giving Evan time to react.

"Oh thank you so much mom." Ella almost jumped over the table to hug me but Evan stopped her immediately. I laugh a little and place my hand on Evan's arm.

"So what are we waiting for? You need to get ready." I chuckle as Evan jump up and help me stand up straight. I smile at him with a thank you and start walking with Ella to her room as we both turn around to Evan.

"Oh and Evan, thank you for everything. We hope you don't mind waiting down here. It's kind of a girl's thing when it comes to..." I look at Ella. "Getting your daughter ready for something." I gave her a smile.

"No problem." He winked at me. I gave a blush and turn around again heading up the stairs with Ella.

Getting my girl ready was a pleasure. I sat on the bed waiting for her to come out in a dress she told me about. When she came out she was wearing a pink dress that sat tight around her waist and hang loose from her hips to her knees.