V.

______

______

"I won't say a word but I think he knows that I've hardly slept since the night he left."
______

V.
You've been so obsessed with him you haven't had time for us.❞

When Rose got home from her mall trip with Blair and Daisy, she saw Nathan sitting on the couch, watching a movie. She set her bags down in the kitchen before making her way to the living room. There, she sat next to Nathan on the couch.

"Hey," She said as she curled up into his side.

"Hi," Nathan replied as he pecked Rose's forehead.

She then looked over at the screen to see what movie was on. "Is this Ferris Bueller?" She asked, looking back over at Nathan.

"How did you know? You just glanced at the screen." Nathan said.

"I'd know Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller anywhere." She replied.

"Can you still quote the whole thing?" Nathan asked.

"Who do you think I am? Of course I can. It's one of the very few things I actually succeed at." She said, jokingly.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off being Rose's favorite movie, usually made her happy. But, for some reason--but she didn't know why--it made her think of Tom. It made her think of that night with him. Whenever she thought of him and of that night, she would always go on her phone and look at the pictures she took of him on that night.

"come on, just let me take a few pictures of you. you're so pretty and seem like you'd be really photogenic. please." rose pleaded before tom finally agreed to let her take a few pictures. "good. i'll need something more than a few memories of tonight to remember you."

she took her phone out of her pocket and opened her camera. she then began taking multiple pictures of him and he laughed while she did so. he was embarrassed about her taking photos of him. then she smiled as she looked at the pictures.

"yep, i was right. you're one of the most photogenic people i've ever met." she said as she looked through all of the photos.

Nathan caught Rose looking at the photos and smiling down at her phone. He rolled his eyes. He knew who she was looking at, who she was smiling at, who she had been practically obsessing about for the past five years. He angrily grunted as he got up off the couch and stormed into the kitchen. By the way he stormed out of the living room, Rose could tell he was severely angry.

"Hey, babe, what's wrong?" Rose asked from her place on the couch.

Nathan shook his head as he said, "Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

Rose let out an exasperated sigh as she got off the couch and went into the kitchen.

"We've been together for, like, seven years. I'd like to think I know you pretty well, I know something's wrong. What is it?" She asked.

"It's that guy I always see you looking at on your phone." He admitted.

"Oh." She said. "I didn't know you knew about those pictures. But--" She started, but stopped herself. She was about to say he meant nothing to her. But she knew that that definitely wasn't true.

"But what?" Nathan asked. I've known about him for the past five years. Five years, Rose."

"Look, I liked the guy. But, I love you." Rose said as she tried to hold Nathan's hand.

He pulled his hand away from hers as he said, "It feels like it's the other way around, and I don't think I can do this anymore."

"What?" She asked.

"This." He said. "For years I've turned the other cheek when you look at those pictures or talk to Blair or Daisy about him. I'm done with this. With us."

"Nathan," She tried.

"No." He said. "You've been so obsessed with him you haven't had time for us."

______

Nathan and Rose fought abd argued for what felt like hours. There was some yelling, some crying, and at the end of it all, two broken hearts. They ended up breaking off their relationship. Nathan, being the selfish person he could be at times, made Rose leave. She packed up all her clothes, saying she'd be back for the rest of her stuff soon, and called Daisy.

She showed up at Daisy's apartment with her bags in hand and tears staining her red face. Daisy pulled her friend into a hug as Rose started to cry. They went into the apartment and Rose explained to Daisy everything that had happened. After hearing the whole thing, Daisy finally gave her opinion on the whole thing.

"Well, first of all, if he knew about it the whole time, he's an ass for not saying anything about it. Second, he's also an ass for proposing to you even though he knew about Tom. Third, I think it's good for you to be away from him because now you can go find your soul mate, Tom." Daisy said.

"What do you mean?" Rose asked.

"I mean, let's go to New York. You deserve to find your soul mate and he deserves to find you. So, let's go back to New York and find him. We'll pack, buy our plane tickets and go back there and find him. Besides, I think we could both use a break from the great San Francisco." Daisy said.

"Yeah, I miss the Big Apple." Rose said. "I also think we should bring Blair this time, she always feels left out when we talk about New York."

"Yeah." Daisy agreed. "Well, it looks like you're packed, so I'm gonna go do that and you should call Blair and tell her."

They each did as Daisy said they were going to do. While Daisy packed her clothes, Rose talked to Blair and told her their whole plan before she got on her computer and bought their plane tickets to New York. Then, it was all set. The next day they would leave for New York and begin their search for Rose's soul mate.