IV.

______"Tangled in the bones of this love, melding to the flow of your blood

______
"Tangled in the bones of this love, melding to the flow of your blood."
______

IV.
❝I just can't stop thinking about her.❞

Aspen insisted that Tom get a quick haircut before the wedding. So, while she was busy making last minute choices and changes for the wedding, he went to go get his hair cut. Aspen had it scheduled a few days prior at hers and Tom's usual place with his usual hairdresser. On the day that his haircut was scheduled for he went to the usual place and sat in a chair as he waited for his hairdresser to show up.

"Hello, Mr. Marrying Man." Said a hairdresser--not his--that walked up behind Tom.

"Hi, where's Kate?" He asked.

"Kate took the day off. But, I'm Rose and I'll be cutting your hair today." She said.

His eyes widened slightly when he heard her name. Rose. He jumped up out of his chair and said, "You know, I don't think I really need a haircut. I think it'll be fine."

Then he left the salon as quickly as he could. He had already been thinking about her enough--especially that week--and having the girl who going to cut his hair be named Rose would just make him think of her even more. So, he took a walk down the street. It was the week of his wedding, all that was supposed to be on his mind was his fiancé. But all he could think about was the girl he met five years ago who changed his life.

As he walked, he passed an old, run down restaurant that had old movie posters hung up on it. He caught a glance at one of the posters. The one he saw was, none other than, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Then he thought of her again, and that night, and ice skating at the rink at Rockefeller Center.

"favorite movie?"

"oh, by far ferris bueller's day off."

Then he smiled as he thought of her and her ice skating, trying to be graceful. But, failing terribly, seeing as she spent most of that time on her butt rather than her feet. He kept on walking, thinking that if he walked some more, he would forget about her, just for a moment. But, as he continued to walk, he passed an old bookstore and he was so tempted to go inside. And he couldn't help himself, he had to see if it was in there. He needed to find her.

He walked around the bookstore looking for it. He found quite a few The Great Gatsby books, but, none of them were the one she wrote in. It was driving him nearly mad not being able to find her, it had been for the past five years. After leaving the bookstore, he turned to the only person he ever talked to about her. He called Harrison.

"Hey, what's up?" Harrison asked when he answered his phone.

"Can you meet me at the ice cream place?" Tom asked.

"That ice cream place?"

"Yes, that one." Tom said.

"Is it about her?" Harrison asked.

Tom paused for a second before replying, "Yeah. It's about her."

"Okay. What about her?" He asked Tom.

"I just can't stop thinking about her."

______

After he called Harrison, he hailed a taxi and told the driver to take him to the restaurant--Serendipity. As the taxi drove through the busy New York traffic they stopped at only a few stop lights. Right before getting to the restaurant, the taxi stopped at one last stop light. There, there was a guy on a bicycle next to the taxi singing a song obnoxiously loud. Tom tried not to listen or pay attention to what he was singing. But, he was so loud that it was almost all he could hear.

The lyrics the guy was singing said:

Songs about roses and poisonous lies
Every last rose says you're not even trying

When nobody asks you and nobody cares
If we never hear another song about roses again

Those lyrics stuck out to Tom because the guy next to him was singing about roses. And all week he couldn't stop thinking about her--Rose. Soon the taxi pulled up to the curb in front of Serendipity. Tom paid the taxi driver, got out of the taxi and started to head into the restaurant. When he got in the restaurant he saw Harrison already waiting for Tom at a table.

As Tom sat down, Harrison asked him, "Okay, so, what happened?"

"I keep running into her, I keep finding her. I was supposed to go get my hair cut, but Kate wasn't there, instead it was a girl named Rose. So, then, I left and saw this old restaurant and there's a Ferris Bueller's Day Off poster on it. Then I pass another used bookstore and I had to go inside and see if the book's in there. And on my way here there was this guy singing about roses. Roses." Tom explained to Harrison, he nodded along as he listened. "The universe keeps subtly bringing her back into my life."

"Tom," Harrison said. "You're getting married in a week!"

"That's my point!" Tom said.

"Think about it, you're risking your relationship with Aspen to go out and find some random girl you met five years ago? Five years ago." Harrison said.

"I know. And I love Aspen, if I didn't I wouldn't have asked her to marry me. But, Rose, I spent one magical night with and now she's changed my life. I can't just let go of her. I need to find her, I need to see her again." Tom said. "Come on, is it too much of me to ask my best friend to help me out."

"I'm the best man--" Harrison said, but Tom cut him off.

"--Which is exactly why you should help me."

Harrison groaned as he grabbed his coat and stood up. "Come on. If you wanna find her, we should probably start with the book."

"Yes!" Tom exclaimed as he got up. "You have no idea what this means to me, Haz."

"Yeah, yeah. You can thank me later. Now, let's go."

a/n
kinda short chapter, sorry. but, btw the little flashback kinda things are gonna be all lower case and italicized.